Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help identifying this sidecar chassis. Appears to be Indian. It is for sale also

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help identifying this sidecar chassis. Appears to be Indian. It is for sale also

Can anyone help identify this early sidecar chassis? It is for sale. It appears to be Indian, Maybe Hedstrom or early Powerplus. I see later Powerplus models with a double bar set up going to front motor mount. Call Steve Geiger 646-645-1582 or email s_geiger@earthlink.net for better pictures. Thank you!
    Attached Files

I think you are correct that it is an Indian sidecar frame. The front mount looks like it would mate to a 1917, and later Indian PowerPlus frame that had the front lug under the steering head. Looks to be in nice shape. . . Wish I had a PowerPlus to put it on.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Thank you Eric. I wonder why some have a double bar leading to front mount and this has only one. Leads me to think it's maybe a bit earlier. They did have to reinforce the front bar on mine because they must have had a problem with bending. Appreciate your thought!

Comment

I think there should be another front bar that clamps to the front tube of the SC, and then clamps to the lower front part of the motorcycle frame. Most every sidecar uses 3 mounts, with one being a control mount to establish 'lean'. I mentioned 1917 because that PowerPlus frame had built-in SC lugs. Earlier Indians spring frames used clamp-on lugs and mounted up in the same locations. . . . Does that make any sense
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Eric, Yes. It does make sense. The long bar that is on a swivel is the adjustable control mount, but I see what you mean, There should be a lower rear mount. That makes sense that earlier ones like this one would have a clamp on rear mount. I have a can full of clamp connections and bet that there is one in there.
          Thanks for your reply! Steve

Comment

1918 Indian sidecar mounts. Any help?
            Gerry Lyons #607
            http://www.37ul.com/
            http://flatheadownersgroup.com/

Comment

Working...
            X