Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Project for the un-initiated novice and son...??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With apology for swerving a little off thread track, I recall reading Pirsig's book at a time (several years ago) when I was also exploring Herman Hesse and Tom Robbins too.
    Must say his motorcycle journey was usually more engaging than the philosophy. I still have it too. (Ommmmm)
    John

Comment

Originally posted by jcrawford View Post
      With apology for swerving a little off thread track, I recall reading Pirsig's book at a time (several years ago) when I was also exploring Herman Hesse and Tom Robbins too.
      Must say his motorcycle journey was usually more engaging than the philosophy. I still have it too. (Ommmmm)
      John
      Got into Hesse of course, John!

Robbins must have been after my time.

Now I'm studying George Schebler, and I'd have to be a medium to grasp his genius.

(That didn't sound right...)

...Cotten
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Philosophy aside William, try to expose Will to as many brands and types as possible. Not your preference, but his. It is all about keeping him engaged. Depending on what you find, he can be involved much more if it is in his realm and he can research, communicate, and interact on levels (social media) he is comfortable with. Jaded old shits like us mean nothing!
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

I can give you the names of 2 AMCA members in the Owensboro/Evansville area that may be able to help give you some guidance. You are also welcome to come visit our Music City Chapter in Nashville. bselph116@comcast.net
          Bob Selph
          1933VC/1934LT Sidecar
          1940 Sport Scout
          AMCA#15215

Comment

Originally posted by Rubone View Post
            Philosophy aside William, try to expose Will to as many brands and types as possible. Not your preference, but his. It is all about keeping him engaged. Depending on what you find, he can be involved much more if it is in his realm and he can research, communicate, and interact on levels (social media) he is comfortable with. Jaded old shits like us mean nothing!
            Hahaha. Will do. Thanks.
            Wm. Covington
            Member #35521

Comment

Originally posted by bselph View Post
              I can give you the names of 2 AMCA members in the Owensboro/Evansville area that may be able to help give you some guidance. You are also welcome to come visit our Music City Chapter in Nashville. bselph116@comcast.net
              Bob,
              I would appreciate that very much.
              Thank you.
              Wm. Covington
              Member #35521

Comment

Working...
              X