No announcement yet.

Glass beading crankcase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On aluminum I use the plastic blast media that TP Tools sells. It removes paint and dirt really well and does not change the appearance of the aluminum. If you’re interested, I probably have some before/after pictures I could post.

Kevin

Kevin
    https://www.youtube.com/c/motodesoto

Comment

Originally posted by Shaky Jake View Post
      On aluminum I use the plastic blast media that TP Tools sells. It removes paint and dirt really well and does not change the appearance of the aluminum. If you’re interested, I probably have some before/after pictures I could post.

Kevin

Thank you Kevin... I am thinking just gunk and scrub is the way i will go...

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Galli View Post
        Thank you Kevin... I am thinking just gunk and scrub is the way i will go...
        I understand. Nothing wrong with that.

Kevin

Kevin
        https://www.youtube.com/c/motodesoto

Comment

White vinegar and a stiff plastic, (not metal!) brush will help clean aluminum once you get the crud off.

Comment

Originally posted by Hack View Post
            White vinegar and a stiff plastic, (not metal!) brush will help clean aluminum once you get the crud off.
            Straight vinegar or dilute with water?

Comment

Right out of the bottle it will remove oxidation and similar funk without removing or pitting the aluminum. You can rinse with water. Leaves a nice smooth patina as you can see below the rear tappet guide.

IMG_20190127_155012_127.jpg

Comment

Right out of the bottle it will remove oxidation and similar funk without removing or pitting the aluminum. You can rinse with water. Leaves a nice smooth patina as you can see below the rear tappet guide.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26324[/ATTACH]
                Looks very nice! Thank you for the idea

Comment

And it doubles as weed killer when you're done cleaning with it!

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26324[/ATTACH]
                    Thanks Hack, I'll give it a try.

Comment

Working...
                    X