Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be cool on the forum

Hi folks -

The thing that makes the AMCA Forum a gem is that there is so much darn cool stuff shared. People that can help do, people that have something cool to share do, and most important, members support each other through the often difficult process of preserving and restoring old iron - the thing we all love. The most important thing to remember from our group norms (yeah its called rules) is that its antique motorcycles we are here to share. Forget all the other stuff including sometimes our getting ticked off at our brothers and sisters in the industry. Keep it cool here and talk objectively about the antique motorcycles and at least one aspect of the world can go kinda smooth.

Thanks

Mike Love
    AMCA Forum

Censorship stinks! Brother LOVE
    rob ronky #10507
    www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

I promised to type a reply to your direct email complaint, Mike...

But I have pressing matters.

So short and sweet, if Bobby L. can get me banned,...
      It isn't the sort of club I would want to have me as a member anyway.
      (How did Groucho put it?)

Quoting him from http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/bbo...imag-com-forum,
      Originally posted by Robert Luland View Post
      Who gives a flying shitt already!
      Liberty is trying to shut down anyway.

Who loses?

....Cotten
      PS: Wait for Axeric and Robbie to join his "mob".
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

This is the only club I belong to, joined for the love of old motorcycles so I echo Mike’s sentiments.
        Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Tom:

Banning a forum member is a last resort when all other means have failed to facilitate respectful and productive discussion and information exchange. No member has been banned in the several years that I have been moderating the forum and the goal is to keep it that way. Forum members are always in control of what and how they as individuals comment. The goal is to have an environment where people will feel free to offer their thoughts in the area of the antique motorcycle industry and hobby. I'd hate to think there is sport associated with getting a rise out of others just because you can.

Mike Love

Comment

Originally posted by ihrescue View Post
            Tom:

I'd hate to think there is sport associated with getting a rise out of others just because you can.

Mike Love
            Mike, appreciate what you do, but 'getting a rise out of others just because you can' happens everyday and everywhere including work, home, most tv shows, and this forum. Sarcasm, jealousy, and animosity exists. I try to stay on topic but sometimes stray, but not as much as others. I know several members that have quit or contribute less because of fear of being attacked for a different opinion or maybe not knowing what is supposed to 'be known'. Human nature, ego, and opinions, will never change I guess. But as you say, we need to leave that aside and discuss and share motorcycle knowledge and just have some fun.
            Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Originally posted by ihrescue View Post
              Tom:

Banning a forum member is a last resort when all other means have failed to facilitate respectful and productive discussion and information exchange. No member has been banned in the several years that I have been moderating the forum and the goal is to keep it that way. Forum members are always in control of what and how they as individuals comment. The goal is to have an environment where people will feel free to offer their thoughts in the area of the antique motorcycle industry and hobby. I'd hate to think there is sport associated with getting a rise out of others just because you can.

Mike Love
              I do not exchange enough productive information, Mike?

Face it, this is about a coupla trolls and divas cowardly dragging you in the middle.
              They can't take their own medicine; Let them spill their attacks here for all to judge.

That's true freedom of speech and expression.

....Cotten
              PS: That includes the right to edit.
              Last edited by T. Cotten; 10-31-2019, 03:32 PM.
              AMCA #776

Comment

Let me understand this, Mike,...

Not only are you squeezed between just the trolls and me, but...

" The AMCA management has asked that I monitor each of your post and simply start deleting any and all comments that contain any reference to another member or non-member or company in a negative light. Conflicts on the forum take two members to make it happen. The Forum is here to serve as a benefit to its members in offering camaraderie and solutions to solving issues as it relates to old motorcycles. It personally bothers me to have to start censoring any member but this is the only option as to an alright ban."

So if somebody asks a question about floats, and I point out negative faults with the two advertised in the AMCA magazine, my head rolls?

That's got to be more than you signed on for.

....Cotten
                PS: We all know you have better buttons to push, and that's been greatly appreciated by all...
                Last edited by T. Cotten; 11-03-2019, 01:28 PM.
                AMCA #776

Comment

The AMCA has been turning more and more to a corporate mentality. The old days when it had "SOUL" are a thing or the past. A sign of the world we live in today. The PC Police will refine, cleanse, and homogenize, our thoughts, passions, and pronouncements. Man am I glad the light at the end of my tunnel gets closer every day. Rich #47
                  DrSprocket

Comment

Believe me when I say the spag boy wanted it all corporate.
                    AMCA #765

Comment

Relax, Folks,..

Its only me with the "bullseye" on my back.

(That's the exact phrase Kevin Valentine used to warn me at Davenport a few years ago.)

Rest In Peace good friend.

....Cotten
                      AMCA #776

Comment

Do you have RAL color codes for that bulls eye?

Comment

I would really hate to see anyone censured and banned from this form for presenting their thoughts, views, knowledge and the occasional barb. Roll with it everyone. I love my family but we occasionally say things we later regret to each other yet we are still always there for each other despite what was said or who's feelings were hurt.
                          AMCA # 3233

Comment

Cotten!! there will be crayons and a therapy dog at the next swap meet. it'll be okay...

Comment

Tom:

Over the last several days I have probably read 2,000 AMCA Forum posts and comments. You are a frequent contributor and that is appreciated. In that review I only saw one comment from any member that was unnecessary and another member addressed it directly. It is rare that conflicts occur and when they do we'll take it case by case and deal with it. The important thing is prevent conflict from escalating because then this affects the forum in general. Yes most of the time people jump in and manage it with the group. In this most recent case that you quoted in your comment it was done privately, three members were reminded of the rules and that continued conflict after a warning could result in loss of access to the forum. Maybe the individuals didn't realize that it was an issue. Your question "So if somebody asks a question about floats, and I point out negative faults with the two advertised in the AMCA magazine, my head rolls?", is about antique motorcycles and as long as it complies with all the other things in the regs I'd say no your head would not roll. Of course we don't go for capital punishment here on the forum anyway. Everybody just keep up the great participation. and thanks Tom.

Mike Love

Comment

Working...
                              X