47 Knuckle with replacement lower case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 47 Knuckle with replacement lower case

I’m looking at a restored 47 knuckle with a replacement engine number it was replaced about 20 years ago it’s been registered and the title matches the replacement number. The bike is on display in a the car show room, it was parked there about 10 years ago and the fluids were drained and it hasn’t been started since, cosmetically it looks perfect and I realize this hurts the value but it’s been offered to me at 35K. Does this sound like a realistic value?
    Thank you
    Joe

As soon as I figure out how to post a picture I will

If the bike is not registered as a 1947 Harley Davidson, the value is cut by at least half.
    VPH-D

Comment

Replacement lower case, replacement engine number, both?
      The Linkert Book

Comment

Yes the title from 1994 and today list it as a 1947 Harley-Davidson.
        Thank you for the questions

Comment

Originally posted by kitabel View Post
          Replacement lower case, replacement engine number, both?
          I’m a little green at this but what I see is the number on the right side of the engine is not the original. The new number was applied prior to 1994 and the bike with the new engine number is titled as a 1947 Harley-Davidson. I'm told the engine was rebuilt/replaced? And the state of Washington supplied a new number which was stamped on the engine. Thank you

Comment

With questionable numbers and history and a not cheap asking price of 35K, I'd stay away from it. Too many fish in the sea to be messin with one that may not be what they say. Patience! A good one will find you and you won't have any doubts. Again, patience! And welcome to the forum! Smitty

Comment

The bike would be disqualified from AMCA Judging.
              Be sure to visit;
              http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
              Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
              Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph Mangelos View Post
                I’m a little green at this but what I see is the number on the right side of the engine is not the original. The new number was applied prior to 1994 and the bike with the new engine number is titled as a 1947 Harley-Davidson. I'm told the engine was rebuilt/replaced? And the state of Washington supplied a new number which was stamped on the engine. Thank you
                Right side of the engine?
                Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Working...
                X