Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WANTED: Original Set of Scout Model 249 Mufflers; Headers, Mufflers and Tail Pieces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANTED: Original Set of Scout Model 249 Mufflers; Headers, Mufflers and Tail Pieces

I would like to purchase an original set of Scout model 249 mufflers. I have a middle section of reproduction mufflers from VCB and am willing to include them as partial payment if any member needs them. These are hard to find parts for this particular model and so far all of the parts are original NOS or used restored parts. Condition can be rough, though should be possible to restore them if necessary. The sections I have to trade were never on a bike and are brand new.

-JTR

I no longer have the reproduction mufflers to trade. I sold them to get parts needed to finish the major parts groups. The original mufflers and exhaust headers were manufactured by Nelson Muffler Company and distributed by Indian and various other accessory parts companies during that time. I don't know what the stamps look like on the finish for this model. The Warrior TT bikes actually have the company name stamped into the outer finish. Any of you who have an actual 249 photo for reference of the name and stamping, I would like to see this as it is a good way to verify the part.
    I have attached two stock reference photos from Southwest Vintage Cycle.

This particular build takes two of each of the pipes you see below. If any of you have these parts, they usually go for $375.00 to $475.00 in decent shape.
    Private messages welcome.

Thank you.
    -JR
    Header Original Scout 249 HeaderSWVC.jpeg
    Exhaust Original Scout 249 RH Muffler SWVC.jpeg
    Last edited by JTR249; 05-16-2020, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Does anyone know why one type of header is curved (sweep style?) and the one pictured is angled?

-JR

Comment

Working...
      X