Tillotson Adjustable Main Jet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tillotson Adjustable Main Jet

I'm assembling a Tillotson carburetor for my 1970 XLCH and am installing an adjustable main jet. I have a NOS adjustable main jet kit still in the factory envelope (without the installation sheet) and an aftermarket kit from Ted. Both look almost identical. Upon examination I notice that both kits are provided without the gasket that normally goes between the stock main jet and the aluminum body (P/N 27640-66, 'Gasket, main jet'). It's been many years since I've installed one to these and am wondering if the gasket is not used for the adjustable setup (as in 'not needed') or if I must find a new gasket.

Also, If I remember correctly, the initial setting for the adjustable main jet was 1-1/2 turns out. can any one verify or correct this?

Thanks...
    Last edited by billpedalino; 10-27-2019, 06:36 AM.
    Bill Pedalino
    Huntington, New York
    AMCA 6755

Hello,
    Did you ever get this resolved ? I'm fixing someone else's work and the P/N 27640-66, 'Gasket, main jet is not there. Can't seem to find that gasket either.

Comment

IMHO the gasket prevents fuel leakage around the fixed jet to insure that the delivery rate of the jet is accurate.
      Probably not needed with the adjustable.
      The Linkert Book

Comment

I was told by an old timer that 2-3/4 turns on the main is equivalent to a .061 main. They came stock with a .057 but with today’s gas a little more helps he said. I have 2 stock XLCHs and that setting works for me.

Comment

Working...
        X