47 Knucklehead broken front motor mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Meanwhile,..
    Anybody notice something peculiar about my rockerbox?)
    Nah, Looks like all the rest with no fittings....
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thanks everyone for all the comments. I contacted Roeder (about 2 hour drive from me), they said they could do it. Hoping to take the engine up there in December.

Comment

Eric; When you get your cases back from the welder/machinist, bolt the cases together with the top left case bolt and 1 or 2 of the aligning studs on the rear. Then set the empty cases in your frame and bolt the rear mount to the frame as if you were bolting the engine in for good. Then take a feeler gauge and slip it in between your front motor mounts on the motor and the frame. This will let you know if you need any shims and what size shims to place in between the motor and frame. Any difference between the frame and front motor mounts is usually what causes the front mounts to break.
        Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 41craig View Post
          This will let you know if you need any shims and what size shims to place in between the motor and frame. Any difference between the frame and front motor mounts is usually what causes the front mounts to break.
          Craig
          Excellent advice Craig.

Comment

Originally posted by 41craig View Post
            Eric; When you get your cases back from the welder/machinist, bolt the cases together with the top left case bolt and 1 or 2 of the aligning studs on the rear. Then set the empty cases in your frame and bolt the rear mount to the frame as if you were bolting the engine in for good. Then take a feeler gauge and slip it in between your front motor mounts on the motor and the frame. This will let you know if you need any shims and what size shims to place in between the motor and frame. Any difference between the frame and front motor mounts is usually what causes the front mounts to break.
            Craig
            Thanks so much for the advice!

Comment

I think its Chevy Starter shims that you can still get in different thicknesses and right bolt hole width. Might be Ford though, but I'm a BowTie Guy.
              Steve

Comment

Working...
              X