1952 Panhead Value??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1952 Panhead Value??

Friend is going to sell his 52 Pan. It has 1949 frame, 1956 front end, original engine, transmission, fenders and tanks. It is a good runner-looks good. Paint is not original. Engine has flathead flywheels with cylinder spacers. I will be asked for pictures and will get them soon. Just starting the conversation--what price should he put on it?

Just from what you have listed here it is far less than 10k maybe 6k ? just my 2 cents.
    #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

The engine is not original if it has flathead wheels. Do the numbers match and is the VIN look good? Generator? Carb? Linkert?
      and are the heads correct for 52 or not? What condition is the frame in? any repairs, welds etc? Sheetmetal all original stuff for 1952 or? Speedo and dash 52? Glide original and complete with original tins, headlight etc? original seat? Anything repop? Forget the photos, they are only half the story. How can anyone put a price on anything without a detailed description on how correct the bike is or isn't?? It could be worth anywhere from 5 to 15K$ depending on what it is? 46EL

Comment

Frame is un-cut, un-repaired 1949. Front end is all 1956. Engine is all 1952 with the exception of the wheels and spacers. Engine numbers are good-case numbers match. Trany and everything else on the bike are the original parts for this bike. Good Minnesota title. Any comments are welcome

Comment

I love the early Hydra-Glides, but correct content is everything these days. Sounds like a great collection of parts, with value, but the next owner will probably want it to be ALL 1952. That takes money, time, and connections so you know that will be a factor in it's value. I hope your friend does well with it.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

If you’re looking for top dollar put it on eBay with a reserve that the seller is comfortable with. Or get risky and drop the reserve. You pay the fee in the deposit and it’s worldwide marketing. As much as some folks moan about foreign buyers, it’s why these bikes are worth so much today.

If it doesn’t meet the reserve then start pulling pieces off and list it all on eBay. Parts do very well but you’ll probably have to count it as income with eBays tax policy? Something to weigh.

Otherwise it’s all what someone will want to pay for it. I’m a MN native and prices are soft here. . There isn’t a large appetite for expensive old iron.

I’m putting together a Pan way more hodgepodge than your description and it seems like a good handshift Pan with original sheet metal that runs has to be worth 10k at least. If everything is “restored” and front to back with V Twin parts, it’ll be a hard sell.

I’m new to the OHV world (From pre ‘30 Harley world....) and that’s my two cents. Excited to see some pictures, sounds like a good one!

Comment

part it out. Don't bother to sell it whole. Who ever buys it whole will part it out and profit. machIV motors on ebay can get 2x what a bike is worth by selling it in pieces.
              rob ronky #10507
              www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Working...
              X