Bendix Carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bendix Carb

I have a Bendix carb # 27152-71 13479 that measures 36 mm ( 1.417 in ) at the venture . It was stock on my 1971 FLH . I want to buy a rebuild kit ( I see Facet is the best ??? ) but I only see them for 38 & 40 MM . Any help would be appreciated . Plus advice on , how to upgrade it ( jets and so on ) , and where to get hd service bulletin # 614A . Thank you , Mike

Get the 38 mm kit. There is only one jet and it should be the .115. The original .115 jets are marked c66-143. Set the float at 3/16 with the gasket in place. Mixture screw should be set at 1 1/2 turns out. That funky spring on the float pivot shaft can cause binding sometimes. I have left it off with no problems. Be sure to pressure test the manifold. These carbs are very simple to work on and they work quite well in my opinion. I can’t help you with the service bulletin. Do replace the throttle shaft seals. It’s a simple job. Good luck

Comment

IIRC, the Facet kit has the pink pump boot, which actually fits into the well. The other kit [black boot?] does not work. Look into the carb throat, on the roof of the carb throat just in front of the venturi, you'll see the number 36, or 38 cast into the body.
      I wouldn't be surprised that the bulletin you mention deals with carb sneeze, which the first Bendix carbs were known for. The service manual shows the difference between early/late carb bleed holes.
      VPH-D

Comment

Thanks for your help , guys . Mike

Comment

Comment

Thanks, Speeding Big Twin.

Comment

Working...
            X