Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swap meets in the middle of no where with no Ent or ambulance on site WHY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swap meets in the middle of no where with no Ent or ambulance on site WHY?

Amca needs to wake up to where these events are held and how many are away from civilization. As we just witnessed at Jefferson amca white rose Mc club meet we lost ....Paul Jackson lots of you have vended at his events JAM ON Productions Daytona FL / Harrisburg PA people were running frantic looking for oxygen ( no where to be found) AED Defibrillator (none on site) sad to see him pass away at meet and numerous people have had health problems at meets ambulances take forever to arrive and sometimes to late any major event has someone on staff or at least a AED think it time to make mandatory at all events like food and camping , showers
    Last edited by Digging4treasure; 10-05-2019, 06:13 PM.
    Still searching for that 45.....

We are all saddened by the news of anyone's passing, Sarah.

And all of our condolences to his family of course.

(If it were a race event, an ambulance would already be there... )

Aside from the oxygen and defibrillators, where were the d*mn drones?

....Cotten
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 10-05-2019, 02:16 PM.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Smart comment unreal
      Still searching for that 45.....

Comment

As Cotten said, we are all saddened by anyone's passing especially at a motorcycle event which we all embrace, and condolences to all family and friends. I have been to Jefferson numerous times and can appreciate the complexity it might be for quick EMT response. But, being a 54 year old person which can also have a health emergency at any time, I can not support your request for on site immediate assistance. We all ride old motorcycles which in modern day traffic is a need for EMT assistance at every intersection. Old bikes, older people equals risk. I do not mean to be callous in even a minor aspect, but to expect emergency personal to be on call at every event is ludicrous, should every yard sale have an EMT present. Will we get our blood pressure checked before entering then have to sign a disclosure form. Again, no disrespect and I do truly sympathize with the loss, as the same thing could happen to me tomorrow, but we can't prevent every natural event. We all have our time. No disrespect.
        Last edited by BigLakeBob; 10-05-2019, 06:50 PM.
        Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Bob is absolutely correct. You take your chances from the day you are born.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

I’ll stick my nose in this. I’ve felt for a while that certain things about the meets have to change at the national level. Rocky Halter and I had a talk about this at Jefferson six years ago over coffee one morning. First let’s start with registration forms. It should be mandatory that all vending spots at these meets be by pre-registration only and that there is a line to tell them who to call in case of an emergency. All of this filled out or you don’t get your spot. Right now, none of the meet registration forms have this line. Rocky told me they lost a t-shirt vender at Wauseon and it took them three days to find his next of kin. Yankee chapter didn’t have pre-reg because no body wanted to take the time to do the mailing. An Excel spread sheet, five bucks in Avery mailing labels and an hour of your time. How lame can ya get? This is a safety issue not a hinderance. At every fair I ever went to (big or small) there was an ambulance based there. White Rose should not be any different. Oley, those guys can’t wait to do surgery on you. You get a scratch there and they want to do a triple by-pass. Bob L
            Last edited by Robert Luland; 10-06-2019, 09:15 AM.
            AMCA #3149
            http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

I agree with bob L. Since this is a national meet, you would have thought some kind of medical service would have been stationed during the event. In this day of litigation happy people, could White Rose M/C end up being sued over this tragic event? Attendees do not sign any waiver to come on to private property.
              Craig (Delaware)
              Delaware Bay Chapter
              Perkiomen Chapter
              AMCA Member #1011

Comment

Covering the cost, is that something the National could do? Everyone should carry "accessible" contact information and medical alert info no matter where they go. Most of our events are not close to medical services.

Comment

Originally posted by tomfiii View Post
                  Covering the cost, is that something the National could do? Everyone should carry "accessible" contact information and medical alert info no matter where they go. Most of our events are not close to medical services.
                  I want you to tell me which event that we go to anywhere in this country that is not next to medical care? Every burg in this country has a voluntary ambulance squad (God bless there bear drinking souls). Your answer is jackass. Bob L
                  Last edited by Robert Luland; 10-07-2019, 06:42 PM.
                  AMCA #3149
                  http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Very sad deal.I met Paul at the swaps,very nice to me.As far as Bob's comment above...no comment.I don't think we can save everybody,we all have our time.
                    IMG_5853.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Luland View Post
                      ...Your answer is jackass... Bob L
                      Bobby knows these things.

...Cotten
                      AMCA #776

Comment

I don'tcare what Bob says about me.
                        I'm already on his crap on list like 1/2 his potential customers.
                        As my mother would say, if you hate someone & they don't hate you back it only hurts you.
                        i don't hate Bob & he can hate me all he wants...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by duffeycycles View Post
                          I don'tcare what Bob says about me.
                          I'm already on his crap on list like 1/2 his potential customers.
                          As my mother would say, if you hate someone & they don't hate you back it only hurts you.
                          i don't hate Bob & he can hate me all he wants...LOL
                          Just yesterday, Duffey,..

I got a PM on this forum that started out "I know you hate my guts.."

And it wasn't even Bobby!

My posts too long?

....Cotten
                          AMCA #776

Comment

Working...
                          X