Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Value of a 1937 Harley UL 80? Starting a business and need some capital...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve Little View Post
    The front lower tank mount is electrode welded instead of brazed. If the frame and engine are an original set, then Harley had started using the frame that is commonly associated with 1938 which also had the axle clip cap.
    What do you think about the tool box mount? 46el

Comment

I think it is gorgeous. Jerry

Comment

[QUOTE=Sargehere;184348]
        I didnt look closely at the picture of the right side. If we're all using the picture that Sarge supplied, its a bit hard to see the toolbox brkt. But the little bit I can see looks like a clamp over tube is holdind some kind odd plate to the area that a toolbox usually sits. Heavy duty special order😏
        Steve Little
        Upper Yarra Valley. Victoria.
        Australia.
        AMCA member 1950

Comment

QUESTION Steve; If a UL of this vintage was being built at the factory intended as being a Police bike with radio boxes etc did the machine have a toolbox? And if the toolbox was eliminated did they eliminate the toolbox mount from the frame? ALSO; do you ever recall if you have ever noticed any early 38 big twins that the 37 style rear brake backing plate with the lesser rivets carry over into early 1938 or were they dropped in late 37 production? Not to say this machine in question might have had a 48 rear brake swapped/installed like all the other 48 parts on it already?
          If you go back to page 2 of this thread the original poster has a link that shows other photos from his website. In one of them I swear I see a later right side fork rocker with the boss around the grease fitting? But I could be wrong? THANKS, 46EL
          PS; just noticed the Pan rear axle. I bet the 37 only rear backing please isn't there.
          10 years ago there was a barn find 46 or 47 Knuckle here in CT I looked at.
          It had the same Indian style headlamp. A common fix for better lighting back in the day I guess. .
          Last edited by 46EL; 10-10-2019, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X