1915 Horn Harley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1915 Horn Harley

i found a corect Adam Bagnal Horn for 15 Harley, Excelsior,wery rare including Mail 650 .-can bring to Mannheim

pictures please

Comment

IMG_2041.jpgIMG_2042.jpgIMG_2046.jpgIMG_2048.jpg

Comment

thanks, my 15 is a mag model, so i need a mechanical horn, not electric.

Comment

Is it ‘17 & up HD green?

Comment

Originally posted by 1949WL View Post
            Is it ‘17 & up HD green?
            Green is the correct color for early 1917 and up but that horn Ulf has pictured is a 1915 only style. You can tell from the mounting bracket and the locations of the holes in the horn where the bracket attaches.
            1915 is slightly different from the 1916-1919 version.
            Mark
            Mark Masa
            www.linkcycles.com

Comment

‘15, ‘16 & ‘17 all have a subtle differences...
              It looks like a ‘17 with a ‘15 bracket but i don’t know.

Early parts book in ‘17 show each year different body’s, electrics, etc... and some same parts

I need a ‘16 for a 1 owner (all original) that hasn’t run since 1945 missing the horn and headlight.

I’ll try to upload the parts book page

Comment

Not sure of a difference between 1916 and 1917 apart from the color difference. That would give it a different factory number but the steel under the paint would be the same.
                There may be some subtle change to the points assembly.
                There are also at least 2 different brackets 16-19 so if the horn is an assembly, it could have different part numbers from that as well.
                BTW: A 15 bracket won't fit onto a 16-19 horn body as the mounting hole pattern is different.
                The cover on a 15 horn is unique too. The A-B tag is attached at the center with a rivet and the cover is attached to the horn body with an off center screw. 16-19 horns have one screw in the center to attach the cover to the body and that screw also holds the tag on.
                The horn Ulf has pictured is a 15 horn body, bracket, and cover that have all been painted green at some point in the last 100 years.
                Mark
                Mark Masa
                www.linkcycles.com

Comment

Mark was perfectly explain this Horn its a 15 Horn and Works,on my 15 Electrik was missing this peace never found one it has a 16 Horn but the Bike is sold,and now i found a Corect one Plate extra From Adam Bagnal 45.- including Mail my last

Comment

Working...
                  X