Help ID Indian sidecar connections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help ID Indian sidecar connections

Can anyone help identify these front connectors? The one on the right seems to be for a 40s chief. Not sure if its used on a four also. I also have two different size rear mounts. Does anyone know what years used the smaller or larger rear connection. Actually, I'm not even sure how these are used on the rear. Can anyone with a 30's rigid four sidecar take pictures of their mounting brackets? Also I could use pictures 40s Indian sprung frame sidecar connections. If anyone recognizes the mounts in the last two pictures please share knowledge.
    Thank you for any help! Steve 646-645-1582
    I'd like to purchase a solid late model tub.
    Attached Files

From my limited knowledge on side cars the third picture top left may be for a 47 chief rear side car mount, The top right may be military because of the color. Jerry Greer has a good picture of the 47 style frame even though one frame is a bit shorter, but all use the same parts. Find Jerry greer indian parts. go to 47 Chief find sidecar parts. You will find a good picture of all the parts. Hope this helps. Stan

Comment

Thank you. Very helpful!

Comment

Some parts on ebay now under indian sidecar, like the ones in the third picture. Stan

Comment

Stan, If you want detailed information about sidecars contact Michael Breeding for his Indian sidecar study. His effort on parts description and pictorals will but you on the right track. Been using my copy for about 20 years.

Comment

Working...
          X