Kevin Valentine Passes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin Valentine Passes

It was with sad news that today we received word from past Board Member, Dennis Craig that past Board Member and former Chief Judge Kevin Valentine passed away this morning due to complications with cancer. We will be gathering information for a story in the magazine. If you have a photo of Kevin to go with what we have, we would greatly appreciate it. If you could email me a copy of whatever photos you have to Kizer@AntiqueMotorcycle.org. God Speed Kevin

I can't believe it. I didn't know Kevin had such serious health issues. He was always a good conversationalist, and enjoyable company. I was very disappointed when he lost the position of Chief Judge because he was an excellent administrator, and arbitrator when it came to dealing with the egos, club politics, motorcycles, and the inevitable conflicts that judging can spawn. My deepest condolences to his family, and many, many friends in the antique motorcycle world. God Bless, Kevin.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

I did not know Kevin but it's still sad to hear of a member passing. This dam cancer is a monster.

Comment

I never had the pleasure to meet Kevin but had communicated via this forum and had bought parts from him over the years for my projects. A fair and honest man by my measure and dealings, he will be missed by all who've had the fortune to have dealt with him.
        AMCA # 3233

Comment

Thoughts & prayers for the family, Its always sad when we lose one of our long time members

Rick Stambaugh

# 2472

Comment

I had the pleasure of meeting Kevin at Davenport.

I still owe him a favor.

Rest in Peace will have to do, good friend.

...Cotten
            AMCA #776
            Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

I'm sorry to hear of Kevin's passing. I worked with him numerous times on the judging field and the Board, and he worked hard for our Club over many years.

Comment

I am in shock to say the least. I have known Kevin for many years. From his time at the Colonial Chapter to the meet in Rhinebeck. I was just thinking last week to give him a call as I heard he wasn't doing well and hadn't spoken to him in a couple months. When I and a couple friends formed the Bear Mountain Chapter he would always send me a note periodically to give me his best and to keep doing what we are doing. God Speed Kevin. See you on the other side. I'm blown away.
                D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

The AMCA has lost a PILLAR of the organization....To all his friends and family, my deepest condolences..
                  Ross

Comment

Kevin treated me with the upmost respect. I am shocked as well to hear of his passing. May the Lord watch over those you leave behind Kevin.

Comment

May Kevin ride free! God Bless

Comment

I am more than shocked. I didn't know he was battling cancer. Kevin was a true friend who sadly lived on the opposite coast.
                        Be sure to visit;
                        http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                        Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                        Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Always enjoyed working with Kevin and Robin with the AMCA judging. Spent some time with Kevin at Oley back in April. He was in good spirits despite what he was going through. Cancer is cruel. I was hoping he would beat it. Condolences to Sue and the family.
                          Dave

Comment

I met Kevin back in the early 90's when I went to the Davenport Meet right after a National Road Run in the Black Hills that was based in Hill City, SD near Mt. Rushmore.
                            I brought my 1931 Indian 101 Scout there to ride and then go to the Meet and maybe to put it in the bike show barn at Davenport. Kevin strongly urged me to instead enter it for judging.
                            This was when there was less emphasis on pre-registering and I had really not thought about it. So I decided to do so and squeaked into a Jr. award.
                            Besides meeting Kevin face to face I also got to meet his friend Robin Markey who was generous in taking time to explain the judging criteria system and reviewed my
                            results with me. I was sad to hear of Kevin's passing at the Monterey CA Road Run that just concluded. I extend my sympathy to his family and friends.
                            John Crawford

Comment

I appreciate your condolences, kind words, and prayers to Kevin, myself, and our families.
                              Thank you for many wonderful memories in the AMCA and privately throughout the years.

If you would like to contact me: Facebook private message 'Sue Smith Valentine'

Comment

Working...
                              X