Vin looks odd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grobertfoster@gmail.com View Post
    Final Update: I got Iowa to correct the vin after some arm twisting.

Thanks for all the help.

Sincerely
    Robert Foster
    Omaha
    Just curious, Robert; how do you subject a DMV employee into an arm twisting? I just went through this here in Florida last week and I can tell you that neither arm twisting, or ass-kissing will work I did get my title, but I had to comply to strict Florida laws. I think Fl, and Ca. are difficult now because of all the dirt-bags that migrate to our sunny climates.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

I can attest to the fact that there is no arm twisting or ass-kissing CA DMV clerks or CHP officers. You do everything they want with a smile on your face and you will eventually get your title. But it's their way or the highway. After two months and three trips to the DMV and CHP I just got my title and registration today.

Dana
      Dana
      web : https://thecastlehillgarage.com/
      Instagram : thecastlehillgarage

Comment

Eric, I don't know about dirt bags but it was like that at the DMV 60 years ago out here. Have your s__t in order and know the game better that the clerk.
        DrSprocket

Comment

WOW!!! You guys must be real jerks when you go to the DMV! I've never had a problem here in Colorado, but I made it a point to go there just after getting off work at the Fire Department and I stayed in uniform so maybe that helped! Problem is I'm retired now and had to turn in all the blue stuff to the quartermaster!

In reality though, it's like DrSprocket said. Know the rules, even better than they do, have all your documents in order, go in with an attitude of polite confidence and it all works out.

Comment

In actuality, the jerks are on the other side of the counter! Here in New York, a visit to the DMV fills me with trepidation. This under-worked and overstaffed division of the state takes pride in finding ways to refuse your requests in regard to any vehicle transaction. I like to use same-year plates on my older bikes, and at one point the crotchety person behind the counter informed me that in order to do this, the insurance card would have to say "historical" on it. When I went to register and plate my '38, I brought the insurance card with the word "historical" emblazoned on it on it even though I hadn't yet found a decent period plate. When asked why the card said historical, I explained that I was going to replace the plate they were about to give me when I found a same-year plate. Boy, was that a mistake! I was told this time that if the card said historical, I would have to have a new plate with the word historical on it. They didn't have any and wouldn't let me register the vehicle. I figured I'd try another office, one that only operates one day a week. Sure enough, the transaction went smoothly, and I wasn't told I needed an historical plate. Not wanting to waste a chance to say 'I told you so', I went back to the other office and proudly displayed my new registration and plate! (from a distance, mind you - I didn't want anybody snatching the goods out of my hands!) I guess the moral of the story is "don't believe everything some weasel bureaucrat tells you"!

Comment

Working...
            X