1950 EL Gas Tank Crossover Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robert Luland View Post
    Craig, Stop wasting your time. All those cross over lines are made in Dennis Corso's kitchen no matter where you get them, there is only one company making them. Work with what you have. Bob L
    Stop wasting your time but work with what you have??

Well then, Craig,..

Maybe soft solder and something like https://www.ebay.com/itm/25-ft-1-4-i...UAAOSwIzda-cEN

Seems cheaper than a straight auto store line to cut up. Maybe. And you could botch one or two and still have line left over.

....Cotten
    PS: Speaking of fuel lines, my Soobooboo is stranded because the plastic bung in the bottom of the tank disintegrated after only twenty years.
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 09-25-2019, 09:32 AM.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Bob L; It seemed like I was wasting my time working with that line. But I guess I will give it another try or 10. The problem with that line is, what ever I did to get it align with the shutoff valve seat, it was still about 5/16" short of nipple on the right tank.

Cotten; I may end up getting the tubing in your link and going that route. Things were a lot easier in the chopper days.
      Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 41craig View Post
        Things were a lot easier in the chopper days...
        Mine's for sale, Craig!

Nevermind.

....Cotten
        AMCA #776
        Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Let me throw this out at you with out going back and reading this from the beginning. The rule for tanks 1947 three fingers from the bracket to the nipple, 1948, four fingers to the nipple. Changed to clear the pan. Could you have the wrong gas tank? This is when they start beating me up but I'll live. Bob L
          Last edited by Robert Luland; 09-25-2019, 08:17 PM. Reason: Spelling for Cotten
          AMCA #3149
          http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Luland View Post
            Let me throw this out at you with out going back and reading this from the beginning. The rule for tanks 1947 three fingers from the bracket to the nipple, 1948, four fingers to the nipple. Changed to clear the pan. Could you have the wrong gas tank? This is when they start beating me up but I'll live. Bob L
            4 fingers Bob. This bike was been in the same family since it was new, until I bought it 5 years ago. So I don't think that the tanks were replaced.
            Craig

Comment

Well I finally got a line to work and it's not the non fitting P.O.S. that I have have been trying to tweak for the past couple of weeks. I tried using a line that I had in my bin box of lines and shut off rods. It was bent out of shape, but I tried bending it back and it was very easy to work with and after on and off 2 times it fitted perfectly. It has O.E.M. ends and copper line in between. ( I'll keep an eye on it Chris ).
              Craig
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X