alternative to saddle bags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alternative to saddle bags?

I rode 100 miles on the Indian yesterday. My son rode with me. He was my mule, carrying all my "stuff" in his bags. How does everyone carry tools, covers and raingear on their Indians? I don't want to cover the rear fender with saddle bags. I'm even hesitating to add the rear fender luggage carrier, because of needing to drill holes. (I know - if I want to carry stuff, I need to compromise) Just looking for ideas.

The cool kids wear back packs. I use a factory tool box and fender rack, no bags.

Comment

Do you have the “factory” fender rack?

Comment

I have a leather bag that can be strapped under the seat. It's a goofy looking bag that you would see on an over-accessorized later Harley but it's easy enough to remove when I don't need it. I don't know if it would hold all the stuff you mentioned but I'm sure you could find one that will. I should mention that I've used it on my '40 Indian Chief, and '48FL running the stock seat post, and solo seat.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by larrymgibson View Post
          Do you have the “factory” fender rack?
          Don't know if these fender racks came from factory as an accessory but there are a lot of Chiefs out there with them. Curious to know the origin.

Comment

Golly Larry,..

Its up to your resourcefulness divided by your personal taste.

(I ran two mailboxes for 'spoilers' on my pickuptruck-toolbox sidehack.
            Because you can never bring enough tools...)

So please consider a Chummee seat and grab-rail, upon which a jacket and bag of essentials can be quickly bungee'd on and off, and even a sleeping bag behind you for those long trips alone.

....Cotten
            PS: Its not as ugly as a fender rack, but I like them too.
            Not really.
            Last edited by T. Cotten; 09-02-2019, 02:18 PM.
            AMCA #776
            Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Working...
            X