You just never know.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pem View Post
    Thanks. Looking at the photo I see the front fender is bent. I never really noticed it before. I wonder if a good wack would straighten it. It came with a sawed off fender and this one. The sawed of one is like new except for being sawed off. Minor detail! The original owner said that was the hot set up in 1971. And the butt ugly sissy bar that was on it. That I left off but I did clean it up. Once!

I saw it too, but I didn't want to mention it... I don't know if I'd give it a whack with a rubber mallet.... maybe have someone PULL DOWN and FORWARD on the front fender stays while you PUSH down on the "bend" area. I'd try that first. That way, two people forcing it into the proper form... Rather than denting it "accidentally".
    Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Nice work--looks Great!

*M.A.D.*

Comment

Hi Jim, I thought about that too. I wasn't really going to wack it but I thought about it. lol

Comment

Originally posted by pem View Post
          Hi Jim, I thought about that too. I wasn't really going to wack it but I thought about it. lol
          I think it's a natural "thought" to hammer it back down with a good WHACK!
          Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Working...
          X