Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GREETINGS for Oneida Lake Madison County New York (NOT the City)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GREETINGS for Oneida Lake Madison County New York (NOT the City)

Hello; New Member here. I have tried to attach a couple pictures of my bike.
    Attached Files

Welcome! Hope you had the chance to visit the Brookfield meet this past weekend at the Madison County Fair grounds. Become a member of the Empire chapter and enjoy. Bob Luland
    AMCA #3149
    http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Luland View Post
      Welcome! Hope you had the chance to visit the Brookfield meet this past weekend at the Madison County Fair grounds. Become a member of the Empire chapter and enjoy. Bob Luland
      YES I was there made it Saturday morning completed an application for the Empire Chapter. Walked around. VERY Nice. I was glad to see Mr. Ed. Glasgow there as he was very helpful in getting my bike together.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulCDF View Post
        I have tried to attach a couple pictures of my bike.
        Got ‘em, welcome and nice Chief! Front brake, twin leading shoes....how’d you do that??
        Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Originally posted by pisten-bully View Post
          Got ‘em, welcome and nice Chief! Front brake, twin leading shoes....how’d you do that??
          Good eye! That is the Phil White/Phil Pilgrim creation those inventive Boys Down Under Marketed by Zorro
          http://www.zorros.net.au/INdian%20CH...E%20CONVERSION
          Found this in the Antique Motorcycle Jul/Aug Vol 55 No.4 a friend gave me.
          It is new addition for me not yet '"bedded in". Rain has kept me off the roads lately. With 20-30 miles on it grabs as well as the original single pivot shoes which I have kept should I every want to change back.
          With adjustment they should reach full potential at about 200 miles. Obviously NOT original. These old engines are strong and the GO to WHOA ratio with the original set up scared me enough to invest in this. Changed throttle to right for any potential Panic situations as well.

Comment

Originally posted by pisten-bully View Post
            Link to article of interest (I hope).
            http://ironindian.com.au/wp-content/...our-brakes.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by PaulCDF View Post
              Obviously NOT original. These old engines are strong and the GO to WHOA ratio with the original set up scared me enough to invest in this. Changed throttle to right for any potential Panic situations as well.
              ... but in my opinion more appropriate than a disc conversion. That's pretty neat, thanks for sharing!

(I've always wondered if too much improvement in front braking might eventually compromise the fork and cause it to bend... but I'm not an engineer!)
              Last edited by pisten-bully; 08-20-2019, 08:09 AM.
              Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Harry, if you have to brake hard enough to bend that front fork I believe you'll have more issues to worry about then that.
                DrSprocket

Comment

Welcome from Lake George NY, nice ride...

Comment

Hi Paul and welcome to the forum. Looks like you have posted a couple of photos successfully of your nice Indian.

Mike Love

Comment

Originally posted by ihrescue View Post
                      Hi Paul and welcome to the forum. Looks like you have posted a couple of photos successfully of your nice Indian.

Mike Love
                      Mike yes Thank YOU. Great site I should have joined ages ago. Everyone have a SAFE Labor Day Weekend.

Comment

Working...
                      X