Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Footboards

Hello everyone,

My 40 EL has foot boards that had the war time metal inserts. I removed the metal inserts to replace them with the rubber mats (inserts) but the rubber mats I have are about 1/8", or better, to small.
    Was there a size difference between the war time foot boards and the later ones with rubber mats ?
    The mats I have are supposed to be N.O.S., but for what ?
    Of coarse everything on Flee bay is N.O.S.
    Does anyone have an idea what these mats are for ?

Thank you in advance.
    Rod
    AMCA #25781

Without pictures who knows what you have. From the factory there are only one size footboards and steel mats or rubber mats interchange. Factory rubber mats have fabric backs and mold numbers in the corners. If any of it is aftermarket proper fit would be a happy accident.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

There are rubber mats with fabric backs made in Europe that are too small. I got screwed by buying a set of them off eBay myself.
      Be sure to visit;
      http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
      Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
      Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by Rubone View Post
        Without pictures who knows what you have. From the factory there are only one size footboards and steel mats or rubber mats interchange. Factory rubber mats have fabric backs and mold numbers in the corners. If any of it is aftermarket proper fit would be a happy accident.
        Thank you Rubone'
        Experience speaks. Sounds like I have a set of fake mates as these are peal and stick. My camera is broken and I don't have a cell phone. I will try to take a better look at the mats tomorrow.
        Thanks again.
        Rod
        AMCA#25781

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
          There are rubber mats with fabric backs made in Europe that are too small. I got screwed by buying a set of them off eBay myself.
          Thank you for the reply Chris,
          Nothing like a N.O.S. set of Fakes.
          Thanks again
          Rod
          AMCA#25781

Comment

Working...
          X