No announcement yet.

JD-VL saddlebags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael Paquette from Worsham Castle makes exact repops. He has all blueprints from the factory going back to the beginning.
    Bob Selph
    1933VC/1934LT Sidecar
    1940 Sport Scout
    AMCA#15215

Comment

Originally posted by bselph View Post
      Michael Paquette from Worsham Castle makes exact repops. He has all blueprints from the factory going back to the beginning.
      Hey Bob... how did the original (or repops) attach? Were they different from the early VL fender to the later one? I'm not saying I'll buy a pair, but just wondering...
      Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

The early VLs took the four 'towel rail' saddlebag hangers, and I've seen these on a 36VL so I think they were used throughout for the utility bags. The half moon saddlebag hangers seem to have come out in 1936-39 and are designed for an 18" wheel and not a 19" as on the VL, explaining the odd holes on the sides of original VL mudguards where the later style saddlebags have been fitted.

Comment

JDSaddlebags.jpg from Oct 1 1930 dealer accessories catalog.

Comment

Well. I finally found out who made my mystery saddle bags shown earlier in this discussion. It looks like they came from T.J. O'Conner & Sons, Inc. of Baltimore, Md.

image0.jpgimage0-001.jpgimage0-002.jpgimage0-004.jpgimage0-005.jpg

Craig

Comment

Nice find on figuring that "mystery" out!!
              Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Working...
              X