Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Damascus ,Maryland

Hello Amca members,
    Look forward to chatting with you all ... especially the one known as SARGE who seems to know quite a bit about Vintage American Cycles.
    I have owned 3 H-D's over the past 35 years. Have not been fortunate to own any vintage iron but love the oldies as I am sure most do on this site!

I will never forget going to a field party may have been an ABATE Party back in the day- I believe the Road Ducks or 69Band was playing- it was right off RT #97 -I believe just north of Sunshine but there is a chance it was south of Sunshine -in Howard County and as the sun was going down just after dusk here comes this Indian across the field with the Indian Head/Headress light glowing what a site !! I am thinking it was about 1983-84
    I guess I thought back then I would see them at most events I went too .....WRONG! Now that I think about it I guess parties like that are also a thing of the past as well.
    Heres to good times and great conversation !

Mike Love thanks again for the warm welcome and Damascus is just about in spittin distance of Olney !
    Last edited by fxcw64; 08-06-2019, 04:07 PM.
    "you gonna sit there and argue ......or FISH " Claude Leadbetter

Welcome, fxcw64! What do you have in the garage now?

Dale

Comment

Great to have you on board. Enjoy! Bob L
      AMCA #3149
      http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Originally posted by painterdale View Post
        Welcome, fxcw64! What do you have in the garage now?

Dale
        Hey Painterbob,
        I am working on a 1937 plymouth street rod frame off resto and have another same year original.But the timing has not been right for me to own an antique H-D or Indian but I am looking forward to owning one in the near future!
        How about you any projects going on at this time ?

Have owned a 77 Sportster repainted 2-3 times and sold also an 03 Fatboy traded on an 09 FXCW- But if I could choose my next additionone it would be a Knuck or early Pan-But if I found a 30's Indian I could live with that !!

Comment

Welcome aboard fxcw64!

I still own my 77 Sporty as it was my first Harley I bought after high school.

1977 Sporty-1.jpg
          Craig (Delaware)
          Delaware Bay Chapter
          Perkiomen Chapter
          AMCA Member #1011

Comment

Craig
            Thanks, Does it still have the 18'' wheels or did you put a 16'' on the back like most also kick only right wow those cold mornings could be a challenge !! I did the fatbob fender on the back of mine but kept the wheels the same.
            Matter a fact a guy wrecked mine and I found the decals and outer rims from a H-D dealer in New York I believe and replaced evevything back to normal -no frame damage just the Aluminum spoked rims got tore up.
            Paid 2800$ and sold for 1500$ I have pics of it !! Somewhere it was a nice looking sporty -I installed an air ride suspension but a line cracked one night and I got rid of that went back to the stock shocks!!!! I had wanted a better ride for my girlfriend as in more clearance- air ride solved that but the technology was not there yet as far as the line system !! I still have the stock gas tank, I sold it with an aftermarket tank I believe, which I have practiced painting on !!
            Last edited by fxcw64; 08-09-2019, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fxcw64 View Post
              Hey Painterbob,
              I am working on a 1937 plymouth street rod frame off resto and have another same year original.But the timing has not been right for me to own an antique H-D or Indian but I am looking forward to owning one in the near future!
              How about you any projects going on at this time ?

Have owned a 77 Sportster repainted 2-3 times and sold also an 03 Fatboy traded on an 09 FXCW- But if I could choose my next additionone it would be a Knuck or early Pan-But if I found a 30's Indian I could live with that !!
              Just to clarify, fxcw64,

Bob is the purveyor of quality motorcycle parts and services.
              https://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com/

Dale is the painter.

Again, welcome!

Dale

Comment

Dale I see my mistake now thanks for clarifying

Bob nice website !

Comment

Originally posted by fxcw64 View Post
                  Craig
                  Thanks, Does it still have the 18'' wheels or did you put a 16'' on the back like most also kick only right wow those cold mornings could be a challenge !! I did the fatbob fender on the back of mine but kept the wheels the same.
                  Matter a fact a guy wrecked mine and I found the decals and outer rims from a H-D dealer in New York I believe and replaced evevything back to normal -no frame damage just the Aluminum spoked rims got tore up.
                  Paid 2800$ and sold for 1500$ I have pics of it !! Somewhere it was a nice looking sporty -I installed an air ride suspension but a line cracked one night and I got rid of that went back to the stock shocks!!!! I had wanted a better ride for my girlfriend as in more clearance- air ride solved that but the technology was not there yet as far as the line system !! I still have the stock gas tank, I sold it with an aftermarket tank I believe, which I have practiced painting on !!
                  fxcw64, I still have the original 18" but knew many guys who put the 16" wheels on the back to fill up some frame and fender spacing. My '77 has electric start so never had to worry about those cold morning starts. I do have the original 2 into 1 ugly stock exhaust system and thinking of slowing putting the bike back to stock since its original paint and has about 17K on the clock.
                  Craig (Delaware)
                  Delaware Bay Chapter
                  Perkiomen Chapter
                  AMCA Member #1011

Comment

Working...
                  X