Good service from Throttle masters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good service from Throttle masters

Thought I'd let everyone know that I had a good experience with gnlemont at Throttle Masters. Bought a plumber's manifold, and when I got it, the pipe ends were out of round to the point where I didn't think the seals would work properly. Sent it back, and he notified me that he would look through the ones he had to find a good one. Within a week, a new one arrived , with both pipe ends round within .002". Makes me a satisfied customer.

I have had various vendors "make good" on discrepant parts over the years. But the nagging question, is "why do they send you discrepant material in the first place?"

Comment

My guess would be that they grab your item from stock, and send it to you. If you complain, they make good so as not to tarnish their rep. We all know that the majority of these parts are shipped in from overseas, made by some concern that employs unskilled labor, with little or no quality control. It's almost criminal that this country has sacrificed its reputation for quality parts and skilled labor. When I entered my trade, too long ago to mention, there still was an apprentice program sponsored by the state government. By the time I retired, the corporate giant that I worked for turned its nose up at enrolling willing applicants in an apprentice program. Probably due to the fact that they, too, were shipping their detail work overseas....and getting junk in return. But the price was right!

Comment

I think most of the wholesale sellers on the web and else where have fixed very little in their life and could not tell a good piece from a bad. Jerry

Originally posted by swall View Post
        I have had various vendors "make good" on discrepant parts over the years. But the nagging question, is "why do they send you discrepant material in the first place?"

Comment

And I would agree with you, Jerry. The fellow at Throttle Masters did however say when he first responded that he was having his in-house machinist measure the ones he had in stock. This may have been BS, and maybe he just picked out another and got lucky. But the one he sent me was satisfactory, and that's the reason I touted the part and the service.

Comment

You never know what you will pull out of the box, Folks!

Here's a Tedd assembly with an obvious Colony "second";
            Note the chatter and step on the spigots.

And the wavy-gravy flange (spigots re-cut).

I've had excellent Colony manifolds cross my benches.
            Then marginal ones, and then they went out of production.
            It was a feat to produce them in the first place.

....Cotten
            Attached Files
            AMCA #776
            Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

And that's what the first one I got looked like. The second had a better turned finish on the pipes, and the both seals were a light hand press fit on the pipes. The moral of the story is "ask and you may receive"

Comment

You are good to go, Omar!...

(if the bubbles say so.)

....Cotten
                AMCA #776
                Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Well, the bubbles said go after I stopped a pesky leak at the rivet I put in the rear intake nipple. But I'm still having an issue with high idle when this bitch warms up. It has receded a little, but I can't idle it down to the point where it will stall. I'm pointing the finger at an improperly machined throttle disc coupled with a slight out-of-round condition in the carb bore. I'll get it if it kills me!

Comment

Working...
                  X