Practice image posting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practice image posting

To insert an image in your thread start by determining where you want the photo. Let's say we want it following this text. That being the case hit the return button on your keyboard two times. That will giver you a line space between the image and this text. If you don't leave an extra space your image will butt up against the text. Also if you are inserting several photos do the same thing, hit the return two times so you have a space between each photo.

IMG_2542.jpg

In draft form of your post, before you hit the submit button at the bottom of the screen you will only see the bracketed word attach and a number in between. Once you submit your post the photo will appear where you placed it. So how do you get the magic words to appear? Follow these instructions.

With your your computer's pointer go up to the editing buttons at the top of the box where you are writing your text.

Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 9.43.23 PM.jpg

In these several editing buttons find the framed image.

Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 9.36.24 PM.png

If you hover over the buttons with your pointer a label will appear to help you identify what the buttons are for. The “Insert Image” button is on the second row of editing buttons and is next to a button that looks like movie film. Click on the Insert Image button. You will be presented with a small box that allows you a couple options of where to upload your image 1) from your computer or 2) from an internet photo site. Personally I find it a lot better to upload photos from my own computer. here is an image of the box looks like after you click the Insert Image button.

Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 9.36.40 PM.jpg

You won’t need to do anything except to click on the button “Choose File” this will take you to one of the directories where your photos and other text files are located your computer. Click on the file for the image you want and it will show the file name next to the “Choose File” button. To now upload it to your message hover you pointer over the word “Upload Files” and click on this link. This will upload your image to your message. Remember that when you are in the draft mode you only see the bracketed words and a number like this.

Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 9.37.37 PM.png

Once you hit the submit button the photos will be in your post.

Try it out in the forum called Practice posting messages here. That way you can get some experience. As always feel free to email me if you have any questions. mikelove44@gmail.com

Mike Love
    AMCA Forum
    Last edited by ihrescue; 02-18-2020, 04:47 PM.

Mike, I am familiar with adding pictures as you describe in a post, but several weeks ago I tried to do the same thing in a private message and couldn't. When I clicked on the Insert Image button and the small box appeared the only option was 'Add an Image from Url', there was no option to upload from my computer. I had to contact the individual, get his email address and send pictures that way. Is this an option that can be fixed or was it something I did wrong? (I just tried again and got the same results). Thanks, appreciate your efforts here.
    Bob Rice #6738

Comment

I have the same result as you and I cannot get an answer on why this is. I'll keep trying to run this down by checking in the application's forum of users.

Mike Love

Comment

The Go Advanced button

More practice here Robbie mentioned the use of the "Go Advanced" option just trying it out for the first time.

IMG_5789.jpg

IMG_5789.jpg

bars on Indian.jpg

Robbie said about Go Advanced the button that appears at the bottom of the text box when you are commenting or making a new post.

"I find it much easier to use the "Go Advanced" option, scroll down to manage attachments, Click on the browse option, select your image, upload, and it is inserted in the post. It also lets you see your images stored on this forum and delete as necessary."

It does let you work more as a grouping of files as opposed to one at a time

Comment

Uh, Mike!

I have 785 files uploaded, and repeatedly refer back to many of them, (conveniently saving my wireless data), for posts.

Its the search function that sux, because I walked folks through this on the forum before (for Firefox, anyway).

....Cotten
          PS: If I offer help, will it hurt feelings?

Sorry in advance,....
          Last edited by T. Cotten; 11-02-2019, 06:02 PM.
          AMCA #776
          Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
            ....Cotten
            PS: If I offer help, will it hurt feelings?
            No way will an offer to the actual help hurt feelings.

Mike Love

Comment

Originally posted by ihrescue View Post
              No way will an offer to the actual help hurt feelings.

Mike Love
              Yeah, right, Mike.

At any rate, although I posted something like this before, (The search function can't find it...),
              Here's how it works on WIN7 Firefox with a direct upload.

First you open your reply, and then click 'Go Advanced' .

A click upon 'Manage attachments' opens as a new window; Click the green 'Add Files' button, and then 'Browse' your device for your pic, select, and then click 'upload'.
              It should show up as a thumbnail at the bottom of the window, and when you click 'done' at the bottom right, it will be attached to your post.
              (And saved for future posts if you wish, without a repeat upload.)

Please make sure the pic is well cropped and sized.

Then continue with your post, hope this helps, and please ask any questions at all...

...Cotten
              PS: Other browsers and device formats are on your own.

PPS: Well phooey. The forum format downsized my screenshots.
              Use 'magnifier' if you've got it.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by T. Cotten; 12-05-2019, 12:48 PM.
              AMCA #776
              Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Originally posted by BigLakeBob View Post
                Mike, I am familiar with adding pictures as you describe in a post, but several weeks ago I tried to do the same thing in a private message and couldn't. When I clicked on the Insert Image button and the small box appeared the only option was 'Add an Image from Url', there was no option to upload from my computer. I had to contact the individual, get his email address and send pictures that way. Is this an option that can be fixed or was it something I did wrong? (I just tried again and got the same results). Thanks, appreciate your efforts here.
                Mike, thanks for everything you do, but same problem July 2020. Can't attach a picture in a PM, had to add it back into the post. Thanks for anything you can do, just would be convenient.
                Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Bob - we cannot do images on PM. I cant get an answer if this is a settings issue or a design issue for the forum. I will add this to a punch list of things I'd like t get fixed when our new software version is completed. Sorry this is a problem.

MikeLove

Comment

Working...
                  X