No announcement yet.

How about a forum for accessories.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found a book in Pops stuff that is made up of letters from the Indian factory to dealers called "contact points" from the mid 1930's to 46 or so. Some are interesting like shipping bikes without headlights, to asking dealers if they should build the "45", or asking dealers to look for sheet steel they can make fenders and tanks due to shortages. I sent in a digital copy here so everyone could read them but I have not been able to find them. It is fun to read this old stuff.
    “People who say it cannot be done, should not interrupt those who are doing it” ― Bernard Shaw

Comment

In the second picture, up near the top right corner I can see a picture of some footboard extensions. Can you tell me the printed price for a pair of those.
      Last year I picked up a set of them. I believe they are made of brass and/or bronze. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by motor-officer View Post
        In the second picture, up near the top right corner I can see a picture of some footboard extensions. Can you tell me the printed price for a pair of those.
        Last year I picked up a set of them. I believe they are made of brass and/or bronze. Thank you.
        Sorry about the crummy pictures. The price is $2.50. It says " Made of high tensile bronze."

Comment

Ballack used to sell rebuilt exchange speedos in the '70s for about $25.00 too!
          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by kustomizer View Post
            I am often captivated by the accessories I see in pics of old motorcycles and of course the parts I would like a better look at are obscured by something or someone. At the moment I am trying to find pics of old dealer plate frames and am only able to find a few. Anyhow it would be interesting to see accessories for antique motorcycles in one place whether they be factory, aftermarket or homebuilt.
            thanks for listening
            Mark
            Good idea kustomizer. We now have an Accessories Forum

Welcome to the new Accessories Forum -

There was some discussion a couple of weeks ago about the interest, even collectability of antique motorcycle accessories and the desire to have a place where they can be shared and discussed. Well we now have an Accessories Forum that is placed in the "General AMCA Forum." Heres where you can share gear shift knobs, lights, trim, racks, fringe, seats, reflectors, tank badges, and even decals and lettering. Show your collection of accessories or what's on the bike. Got a question of - value, restoration tips, how do you fix it, etc.

link to Accessories Forum http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/bbo...39-Accessories

Post away on the Accessories Forum.

Mike Love
            AMCA Forum

Comment

Working...
            X