63-68 Fiberglass saddle bag keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63-68 Fiberglass saddle bag keys

I need a little help from the experts in finding out where the key identification number is located on 63 & up fiberglass bags with the flip style latches. I see the keys listed on E-bay usually with a 2 digit number on the key, but I've looked at the bags I need unlocked & haven't been able to locate it. I do know it is not on the center portion of the lock like the late style shovelhead fiberglass bags.
    I appreciate everyone's help in this & apologize in advance if it has already been posted, but I didn't see any listing in my initial search.

Pistonpwr
    Attached Files

The same key fits every bag. The ones I have, have a 42 on them, but they are not number matched like the newer bags. I have a bag of the keys I bought in '97 from a shoe repair place that also sold luggage, and it says 'EX-42K' as the key type and was sold by Ohio Travel Bag. Phone # 440-498-1955. I did not google them or try to call, I'll leave that up to you since I bought these over 22 years ago. Good luck, nothing special about the key, just a luggage key. Also a side not, the latch on the large aftermarket tour packs are the same as used on Gerstner wood tool boxes which are made in Dayton, OH and still in business.
    Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Originally posted by BigLakeBob View Post
      The same key fits every bag. The ones I have, have a 42 on them, but they are not number matched like the newer bags. I have a bag of the keys I bought in '97 from a shoe repair place that also sold luggage, and it says 'EX-42K' as the key type and was sold by Ohio Travel Bag. Phone # 440-498-1955. I did not google them or try to call, I'll leave that up to you since I bought these over 22 years ago. Good luck, nothing special about the key, just a luggage key. Also a side not, the latch on the large aftermarket tour packs are the same as used on Gerstner wood tool boxes which are made in Dayton, OH and still in business.
      Bob
      Thanks for the information, I want to paint these bags but cant the lids off, i appreciate your help.

Comment

If you can't find a key, PM me your address and I'll mail you one.
        Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Working...
        X