Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoch absorber FLH 1965

Hi

is there anyone who has the experience of renovating shock absorbers to a 1965 FLH and know where to get the right spare parts. I now realize, after several months of searching on eBay and buy and sell groups on Face Book, that it is difficult, almost impossible to find such. What I am looking for is: 54502-65 SHOCK ABSORBER, only (fits 65 and 66) and 54551-58 SPRING (fits 58 to 66). Another alternative is to find a pair of complete NOS shock absorbers.

I do see them on Ebay. You must identify them by sight as rarely are they listed as 1965 shocks, but rather lumped as pan or shovelhead shocks. If you have the correct shocks already have you dismantled them to see if they are still functioning?

Comment

Originally posted by jorrow View Post
      I do see them on Ebay. You must identify them by sight as rarely are they listed as 1965 shocks, but rather lumped as pan or shovelhead shocks. If you have the correct shocks already have you dismantled them to see if they are still functioning?
      I don't know if i have the correct Shocks, maybe you can help me identify them. The function was very poor what i remember,I have bought a couple of post-war shock absorbers from Motorcycle Storehous until I have been able to renovate or buy new ones
      IMG_9519.jpg
      IMG_9520.jpg
      IMG_9521.jpg

Comment

http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/bbo...8&d=1561660919

Comment

Unable to see your images.

Comment

The parts you are looking for have been obsolete since the mid 70s. An alternative would be to use Progressive Suspension shocks.
            VPH-D

Comment

Originally posted by VPH-D View Post
              The parts you are looking for have been obsolete since the mid 70s. An alternative would be to use Progressive Suspension shocks.
              VPH-D
              I have the Progressive Suspension shocks on my '65.
              Craig (Delaware)
              Delaware Bay Chapter
              Perkiomen Chapter
              AMCA Member #1011

Comment

Working...
              X