Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy from Sunny Sacramento!

Hello,

I just wanted to say thanks for having me. I was a member of the club back in 2004/05 and then got sidetracked with a bunch of other things. I'm a Brit bike guy by nature, and I'm down to my "keeper" bike which is a 1953 Triumph 6t Thunderbird, but I'm what you call a non-denominational gearhead. If it has wheels and an engine and was built between say, 1900 and 1966 or so, I'm in.

I suffer from "hobbyitis" in that I have too many interests, too little time/space/money to pursue them all very comprehensively, so I guess I'm what you'd call a "dabbler." A few other sort of related interests are goofing around with 1948-60 pinball machines, old Italian scooters, Studebakers, Crosleys, gauge one live steam railroading, pre-war Lionel and American Flyer O gauge tinplate trains, 1960's slingshot dragsters, and British sports cars to name the mechanical interests. Don't even get me started with music and history interests.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing and reading about your antique motorcycles and motorcycle adventures!

All the best,
    Dean Seavers
    Sacramento, CA

rosie.jpg

Welcome back into the "fold" Dean. That's a really nice Triumph you've got there, is it restored or original?
    AMCA # 3233

Comment

Originally posted by Green Indian View Post
      Welcome back into the "fold" Dean. That's a really nice Triumph you've got there, is it restored or original?
      Thanks so much!

I'd categorize Rosie as being "rebuilt." Or perhaps, period correct, but not factory correct, if that makes sense. There are some small deviations from stock. When I got it, it was a stalled project. For some reason the frame was painted one color of blue and the bodywork was the same shade, but metallic. I didn't want to deal with repainting, since basically all my stuff is for use rather than display, so I just went with it. Some hardware, while Whitworth, doesn't have the same kind of heads as factory, and I currently have an Amal carb on there, although I just recently found the correct SU carb that will go on after it's rebuilt. Stuff like that. I'd never enter it for judging, but I really enjoy riding the bike.

Comment

welcome aboard

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Hello Dean, as the others said - Welcome! Nice to have another fellow Sacramentan aboard. Hopefully you made it out to the Dixon meet this year, especially as Triumph was the marque we were honoring. Sounds like you have a lot of hobbies, plenty to keep you busy. Do you run a steam locomotive? I spent some time in the shops at the Sacramento Railroad Museum, and although their stuff is much bigger than what you work with I always love to hear the sound of a steam whistle, no matter what size it is. Anyway, happy to have you here!
            Eric Olson
            Membership #18488

Comment

Originally posted by EricOlson View Post
              Hello Dean, as the others said - Welcome! Nice to have another fellow Sacramentan aboard. Hopefully you made it out to the Dixon meet this year, especially as Triumph was the marque we were honoring. Sounds like you have a lot of hobbies, plenty to keep you busy. Do you run a steam locomotive? I spent some time in the shops at the Sacramento Railroad Museum, and although their stuff is much bigger than what you work with I always love to hear the sound of a steam whistle, no matter what size it is. Anyway, happy to have you here!
              Hi Eric! I apologize for the tardy reply, I kinda forgot to check the forum. I was out at the Dixon meet and posted my photos on the Fort Sutter Facebook Page. Great Show as always! Like a couple other folks, I kept circling that BSA Golden Flash that was for sale.

I do run a gauge 1 steam locomotive - we just has our national summer steam up out at McClellan last weekend too much fun, although diminutive compared to the real thing that you worked on! Thanks for the warm welcome. I hope to ride out to a meeting at Sam's one of these days.

All the best,
              Dean

Comment

Working...
              X