Trumansburg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trumansburg

How many of you guys are going? I just made my reservations for fri/sat...Black Walnut bed and breakfast, 350 bux for 2 nights cheapest i could find. But should be fun wifee agreed to go wid me, told her sun ill take her to destiny usa mall ....yippee....lol give and take...

I've been looking for a reasonable place for a night besides b&b's or Ithaca. Any locals have any suggestions, preferably SE of there for 3 old farts on old bikes?

Comment

Originally posted by sprglde View Post
      I've been looking for a reasonable place for a night besides b&b's or Ithaca. Any locals have any suggestions, preferably SE of there for 3 old farts on old bikes?
      Wasn't thrilled about a b and b but trouble is 4th July weekend everything is high..wish I could afford a camper...that would be the best.

Comment

I wish that the availability of affordable lodging somewhat nearby to the meet had been more of a consideration in selecting the site. Posh (read expensive) hotels, capitalizing on the wine country patrons, make it a bit difficult for the average Joe just trying to enjoy the old motorcycle passion. Why the 4th of July weekend was selected is beyond me, when that was tried at Rhinebeck it didn't work out too well. I know that lack of available judging was an issue when held on Fathers day weekend (2 other national meets), but with the new virtual judging maybe it's a better possibility now. There's a lot to consider when forming a new meet and trying to please everyone is impossible. I'm just throwing some concerns that I, and others talked to, have discussed with each other. Hopefully the meet goes well and is enjoyed by all. Thanks for even having it and filling the void of Rhinebeck no longer happening. Smitty

Comment

Originally posted by HDSmitty View Post
          I wish that the availability of affordable lodging somewhat nearby to the meet had been more of a consideration in selecting the site. Posh (read expensive) hotels, capitalizing on the wine country patrons, make it a bit difficult for the average Joe just trying to enjoy the old motorcycle passion. Why the 4th of July weekend was selected is beyond me, when that was tried at Rhinebeck it didn't work out too well. I know that lack of available judging was an issue when held on Fathers day weekend (2 other national meets), but with the new virtual judging maybe it's a better possibility now. There's a lot to consider when forming a new meet and trying to please everyone is impossible. I'm just throwing some concerns that I, and others talked to, have discussed with each other. Hopefully the meet goes well and is enjoyed by all. Thanks for even having it and filling the void of Rhinebeck no longer happening. Smitty
          Ide like to do to the race of gentleman in wildwood nj , but most local hotels are outta site....Thier all just taking advantage, if my wife wasnt going ide prolly bring a tent and air mattress....lol..Before you even get to the show we have spent 400+ dollars.....

Comment

We are going for the entire week, found a cabin on Lake Seneca about 10 miles away. Yes, too expensive but we decided this is our summer vacation, so we ponied up the cash. IF the cabin is half of what I think it is, we will be happy. Sitting on the porch with my coffee in the morning looking out over the Lake makes the costs a little more acceptable. Keep in mind they have a limited season up there due to weather, they gotta make their money when they can, sucks for us but I get it.

For Wildwood, try VRBO, we found a four bedroom condo with a two car garage, half of what it cost us for three hotel rooms the prior year. And it was really, really nice. You need to try the alternatives, motels are doing the same thing, wringing out the last drops of money from their season. That is a real working class town, hard to be mad that they are capitalizing on their last weekend until Memorial Day. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Architect View Post
              We are going for the entire week, found a cabin on Lake Seneca about 10 miles away. Yes, too expensive but we decided this is our summer vacation, so we ponied up the cash. IF the cabin is half of what I think it is, we will be happy. Sitting on the porch with my coffee in the morning looking out over the Lake makes the costs a little more acceptable. Keep in mind they have a limited season up there due to weather, they gotta make their money when they can, sucks for us but I get it.

For Wildwood, try VRBO, we found a four bedroom condo with a two car garage, half of what it cost us for three hotel rooms the prior year. And it was really, really nice. You need to try the alternatives, motels are doing the same thing, wringing out the last drops of money from their season. That is a real working class town, hard to be mad that they are capitalizing on their last weekend until Memorial Day. Good luck.
              Sounds like a good choice, nice view to relax....

Comment

Coming with my trailer...actually I am getting quite excited
                Ross

Comment

Motel 8 in ithaca.Should only be a 20 min ride.
                  Tom

Comment

This is going to be a great meet. Just let the weather hold. Bob Luland
                    AMCA #3149
                    http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Glad to see the interest in this meet. The date had to be decided quickly- it could change in the future. Brettxlch- there's a wine tasting tour by bus scheduled for Saturday. The wife may enjoy it! Karl.

Comment

Doc, my wife is looking forward to it. I hope we can raise the amount of people required. This is going to be a good time. Camper and trailer loaded and ready to go. We no longer bring the Colony boards with us. If anybody needs anything Colony or James? Drop me a line and I will bring it along. Bob L
                        AMCA #3149
                        http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Working...
                        X