Clear All

A few more misc pics

[IMG]https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/xq90/924/tD****.jpg[/IMG]

Closing Banquet

Jason Zerbini
    Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
    Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Comment

I want to thank all the AMCA members and passengers who participated in our Chapter sponsored National Road Road Run in Ligonier PA. When our Road Run Committee decided two years ago to sponsor a Road Run, we did so with a degree of trepidation not knowing if our plans would result in a successful and enjoyable experience for all participants. We drew on our experience of sponsoring three previous National Road Runs, set up a plan and hoped for the best knowing there was only so much our Committee could do.

At the end of the three days of riding, three catered lunches, two banquets and great food, beautiful roads (except for one short stretch with potholes) and scenery, a couple of bonfires, decent weather, just a few breakdowns, a few brews, the best camaraderie and loads of fun, we concluded that it all came together as we hoped. Of course, we had a lot of help from our Committee, the host hotel, our caterers, the Laurel Highland Visitors Bureau and many other folks in the community who welcomed us with open arms.

Old motorcycles have a way of drawing folks together. We know that. And this Road Run was no exception. Although we had some rain on our Monday night bike show on the Ligonier Diamond, the Bill Toms Band played and folks from the surrounding community came out to see our bikes.

I have always said that AMCA National Road Runs are the best kept secret in the Club. For those who have never attended one, please join the fun and adventure on a future Road Run. A National Road Run provides an opportunity to ride your old motorcycle in an area of the country you would probably not visit on your own. So thanks again to the 150+ Riders and 28 Passengers for joining us in Ligonier. I can assure you our Committee and attending Chapter Members had just as much fun as you had riding the roads in our own backyard that we know so well.
      Richard
      Richard Spagnolli
      AMCA #6153

Comment

Working...
      X