Clear All

P.S. That's your opinion.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
      Certainly Mick!

Obvious repops are what we must use.

After all, making exact and authentic hardware would be counterfeiting.

....Cotten
      PS: My replacements are "new and improved".
      Originally posted by exeric View Post
      P.S. That's your opinion.
      Would you like to comment specifically about my reproductions, Exeric?

....Cotten
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

. . . . . . . . No.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Ummm...I just thought it made a funny thread.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Dablaze View Post
            Ummm...I just thought it made a funny thread.

Craig
            If you've got a sense of humor, Craig!

Divas don't.

....Cotten
            AMCA #776

Comment

Originally posted by riggpigg View Post
              By some one willing to teach, are you one of those? These three were mostly responsible for at least four pre 28 Bikes completing the CB 18. And two of them rode....The amount of effort, listening to, and trial and error, along with an ability to research the likes of which I haven't seen gives me great hope there will be another generation coming along.
              There is a long line of individuals that took the time to discuss, help and provide tutelage to these kids and more like them. Trial and error, a better use of science and materials, and lack of an ego are all traits these younger guys posses.
              Most "old guys" didn't really get serious about restoring and collecting until the kids were raised, the job and future secured and then did we proceed with our passion. To think we are the last of the "Breed" is not opinion I share with you. There will be some to step up, there will be some that won't, and there will be a lot of quality machines for them to pick from.
              When MC sales went in the toilet and bikes could be bought by the pound years ago, the same statements were uttered. Look what happened in the 80s and into the 90's....No one can say where this market will go, not you, not I, not anyone.
              I can't help but wonder if in 40 years a group of guys will come upon a Honda Rune in a shed and look upon it as we have done when seeing a Indian 4 or a Knuckle head under a tarp in a shed. I choose to believe there will always be guys waxing nostalgic and will carry the torch......
              Yes, I do teach.
              Kudos to all the guys who are involved in the cannon Ball.
              I am always happy to be proven wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by aumick10 View Post
                ...Kudos to all the guys who are involved in the cannon Ball.
                And gals, if there are any, I hope, Mick?
                Any credit for just having CB customers?

....Cotten
                PS:
                Originally posted by aumick10 View Post
                I am always happy to be proven wrong.
                Never been married, Mick?
                Last edited by T. Cotten; 06-04-2019, 02:05 PM.
                AMCA #776

Comment

Yes, the gals as well.

Comment

I see that Dale Walksler's buddy that helps him sell his stuff on Ebay, just sold an Eagle Iron pair of 1958 badges for $227.50. Well, he didn't get $499.99 like the other seller wants, but it's still a lot of money.
                    Craig

Comment

I see that Dale Walksler's buddy that helps him sell his stuff on Ebay, just sold an Eagle Iron pair of 1958 badges for $227.50. Well, he didn't get $499.99 like the other seller wants, but it's still a lot of money.
                      That’s Mark (Animalhouse something...) he has been one of the fairest most helpful eBay sellers I have ever dealt with...great guy! I hope to meet him in person one day.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Dablaze View Post
                        That’s Mark (Animalhouse something...) he has been one of the fairest most helpful eBay sellers I have ever dealt with...great guy! I hope to meet him in person one day.

Craig
                        You are correct there, he is a great guy. Ever notice the guys that are bitching about high prices on this stuff only do so when they're buying.............never when they are selling? Most, readily quote eBay prices as the reason they've priced their "stuff" where they have obtained their pricing info, or Mecums/Bonhams auction results as their guidelines on complete machines. Hypocrites......

Comment

Originally posted by riggpigg View Post
                          You are correct there, he is a great guy. Ever notice the guys that are bitching about high prices on this stuff only do so when they're buying.............never when they are selling? Most, readily quote eBay prices as the reason they've priced their "stuff" where they have obtained their pricing info, or Mecums/Bonhams auction results as their guidelines on complete machines. Hypocrites......
                          My point is that a few people say " #@* are going for $1800.00 on Ebay " I always ask " Are they selling for that price or is that what they are asking?" I start my auctions at 99 cents. And there have been times that I could believe what the item sold for.
                          Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 41craig View Post
                            My point is that a few people say " #@* are going for $1800.00 on Ebay " I always ask " Are they selling for that price or is that what they are asking?" I start my auctions at 99 cents. And there have been times that I could believe what the item sold for.
                            Craig
                            Yes, I love the auctions that say "No Reserve" and start the bidding at the price they want........LMAO!! I had no Idea that there are several ways to interpret "No Reserve"
                            But there is???????

Comment

I've bought and sold on Ebay since 2003. You either have a reserve or you don't. I've never tried to add a reserve after the auction starts, but you might be able to if you have no bids. I don't think that you can change your auction or add a reserve after you have a bid. I could be wrong.
                              Also; I mean't to say that some times I could NOT believe what an item sold for.
                              Craig

Comment

I think he means that the startng bid is in fact a reserve to most peoples way of thinking.
                                Tom

Comment

Working...
                                X