Bill's next project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill's next project

With the 38 Chief finished I started looking around for my next project. I didn't have to look far. Stuffed back in the corner of the garage sat this poor thing from a bygone age. This is the very first motorcycle I bought in 1978 at the tender age of 17. A 1947 Indian Chief chopper. Damn I was cool. lolz
    I've decided to revisit my misspent youth and restore the chopper.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Col project, what is the front end from?

Comment

Hey Bill,Thats almost the same as my first Indian,a 1950 chief with a scout front end,4" extension and a 21"wheel laced to the scout drum and brake,same dog bone and high bar set up.The Aerodraulic forks were fully extended and welded solid so I put on the scout setup.Great handling bike.I often wonder if its still together somewhere.
            Have fun
            Tom

Comment

Originally posted by pan620 View Post
              Col project, what is the front end from?
              As tfburke3 stated it's a Scout front end that someone did a nice job of extending. It needs to be rechromed. I got to look into what that entails. The frame has been raked and needs some work. The engine and trans will need a complete going over. I want to put hyd disc brakes on it too. Other than that I want it to be old school cool.

Comment

oh man! this is exciting!

Comment

Originally posted by Jfulcher1 View Post
                  oh man! this is exciting!
                  Yeah, this should be a fun project. No rules, don't have to worry about correct year this, correct bolt that. It's a chopper. choppersmiley.gif

Comment

Dear Bill, do you still have the title for it? Our registration authorities count choppers with altered frames as new bikes, and that means a whole lot of emission tests that you're not going to pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Slocombe View Post
                      Dear Bill, do you still have the title for it? Our registration authorities count choppers with altered frames as new bikes, and that means a whole lot of emission tests that you're not going to pass.
                      I do have a title, and they don't require an emissions test where I live. I don't even have to bother with a safety inspection if I have antique tags on it, To be honest I wouldn't put my old bikes thru a safety inspection. Not because they wouldn't pass but I didn't do all that work restoring these bikes just to have them slap one of their cheesey looking stickers on it.

Comment

Working...
                      X