High Mileage 1946 Chief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Mileage 1946 Chief

Any other high mileage Chiefs around? The speedo had 19,000 when I bought the speedo and put it on my Chief. I've put 56,000 miles on it.
    IMG_2086.jpg

image.jpg

Hey Bob,

My 1948 Chief.

Dave grassi

Comment

I should have guessed you Dave! All your miles?

Comment

Okay, I'm in Bob.... my speedo came in pieces in a coffee can reading 6579 and I had Terry re-set it to zero. Turned over 30,000 last fall... I better get kicking if I'm going to catch you and Dave!
        Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Bob,

Kiwi repop speedometer, started from zero in 1990. All 48 states, Canada, Mexico. I just enjoy riding it whenever I can.

Dave

Comment

I’m curious, are these high mileage Chiefs mostly stock, or have you changed some things to make them more driveable? Like 12v, electronic ignition, aux LED lights.

Comment

My Chief is still 6 volts, electronic ignition, set of Ollie cams. These bikes are just like old farm tractors that run forever if maintained.

Dave

Comment

Mine is stock, except for the battery ( 2 Lithiums in a shell) and an electronic regulator. And the generator is 2 brush, shunted, now. Points, and orig Autolite coil.

Comment

Originally posted by cdf6333 View Post
                  Mine is stock, except for the battery ( 2 Lithiums in a shell) and an electronic regulator. And the generator is 2 brush, shunted, now. Points, and orig Autolite coil.
                  If you don’t mind me asking, who sells the electronic regulator?

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin
                  https://www.youtube.com/c/motodesoto

Comment

I believe Gene Harper.

Comment

Working...
                    X