• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo ID

Any idea what year speedo this is?

8B5A67A7-66E0-45BB-9DEA-BAF5254E3DBF.jpg

Thanks
    Craig

It appears to be one of these, a mid '60s built replacement for the '56-'61 type. Never factory equipment on any model but a replacement part made with the screwed on face in use at that time. Note it is in Kilometers as well.
    Attached Files
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

The KM things is second nature to me, I am north of the border (CANADIAN, not the Mason Dixon you rednecks!)

Lol I spent my youth near Macon, at that time it was an insult to everyone to be a redneck, now when I do to Chilicothe for the Easy riders rodeo, most people from Ohio or Michigan love to be called Rednecks and fly the Confederate flag proudly...I love the south, but not sure how this can about while I was up in the frozen North.

So to be clear this would be a replacement part from Harley? Would it pass muster on a resto? Just wondering if it is worth restoring.

Craig

Comment

It never came as original equipment on any bike, so for a restoration it likely would not fly. (it never existed in the time period of the bikes manufacture date), but for the novelty interest it is cool.
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by Dablaze View Post

So to be clear this would be a replacement part from Harley? Would it pass muster on a resto? Just wondering if it is worth restoring.

Craig
          It has to be as it left the factory. Not what was done or added at a later date. It would not pass muster.
          Be sure to visit;
          http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
          Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
          Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

So another member here is asking if he could buy it, I am rarely a seller...I just shell out money all the time. I generally don’t give things up as I like collecting odd stuff, but it would seem it would help him. I have no idea what A fair price for this speedo would be? Any suggestions?

Craig

Comment

Working...
            X