• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
    Better pictures that are not helpful.
    There is a J8 stamped in the front seat casting I just found! Gary

Comment

J8 is October 1958, 2nd month of 59 production.

Comment

Thanks that is what I figured when I found it! Gary

Comment

Originally posted by diablo View Post
          Unfortunately I am computer illiterate and do not know how to even start to put a picture on this site. ... Someday when someone has 8 hours to spare, they can explain it to me.
          Diablo -

Now may not be convenient to try this but here's a procedure for uploading photo images from your computer.

First reply to a thread as a comment or start a new thread. In the text box write out your text and then figure out where you want your image to appear. Place your cursor where you want the image and when uploaded that's where it will appear. I create the lines of space and put my cursor on the second line leave one line of space above your image and one below. Do this for each image. On the menu line that gives you choices for formatting your comment - go to the last box on the right, there are six items in the box. The fourth item from the left inside the box looks like a frame picture this is your image insert button and if you hover over it briefly with your pointer it will say "Insert Image". Click on this insert image button. You will get a task box like in the image below.

Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 4.38.22 PM.jpg

Click on the "from Computer" text and this will allow you to upload photos from your computer. Move your cursor directly below the from Computer text and click on the "Close File" text, this will take you to the most likely file on your computer where you keep your images. Click on the file of the photo image you want to upload. Click on the choose button and this will get your file ready to upload and then revert back to the original box in the first image above.

Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 4.38.22 PM.jpg

Now go to the text that says "Upload File" then click and this will upload and insert your file in the text. Your uploaded file just appears as computer code that is in brackets until you hit the post quick replay at the bottom right of the comment box.

Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 4.52.57 PM.jpg

We have a forum that allows you to post practice images or practice making a post. Look on the main menu. Let me know if you have any questions.

Mike Love
          AMCA Forum

Comment

Mike,
            When i get to the "From Computer" screen, i don't get any text, just a greyed out box.
            This feature stopped working a month or two ago.
            Is this a problem on your end, or mine?
            Cheers,
            Mick

Comment

Sorry for the trouble Mick. I have looked at all the things in the programming and see no problems. One thing that can be a problem is while you are working with the forum the forum just arbitrarily logs you out after a period of time. Another problem is if you have kept you forum up for a long time with out logging out or rebooting your computer. So you might try logging out and restarting your computer then log back in and try to post photos.

Could you get back to me with what you find?

Thanks

Mike Love
              AMCA Forum

Comment

Mike,
                I logged out and back in. Seems OK now.
                Thanks

Comment

Excellent. Let me know if you need anything.

Mike Love

Comment

Working...
                  X