1934 chief heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1934 chief heads

looking for a set of 1934 chief heads cast or a front aluminum head , these are the ones with the angled plug hole and no primers, also looking for ns-2 magneto,chain guard , tool box, head light, thanks chris

My 34 chief has cast iron heads with angled spark plugs and the priming cups and tank primer.
    I believe primers were gone in 35.No extra heads.
    Tom

Comment

Tom if you look on page 42 of hatfields original book it states. "1934 heads the primer boss was there but un-drilled, also the left hand gas cap does not have the priming syringe", Chris

Comment

Hey Chris .There are a lot of errors in that book along with all the great info and no 34 chief photo.There is also a list of corrections he published.
        Pg 50 ,35 changes,primer injector gone.
        My 34 was pretty complete original and I have the primers.
        Running changes were also made so maybe the latest 34s didnt have them.Mine is in the late 1400s witch I beleive is probably towards the end.
        Tom

Comment

Tom, now I am really curious , I have a list of Hatfields corrections and there's no mention of the heads from page 42, although you are right page 42 charts says syringe gone and so does page 50?? it also mentions the y motor having primers? I am going to call Kent Thompson and see what his has, I really strive to build my bikes correct, thanks for the information, I will post what Kent says, Chris

Comment

I have a front head with the primer hole in place but with a plug....might sell that? if interested please PM with your email so I can send high resolution pictures....

Comment

that is the Chief head I have. believe it to be correct. It is drilled and pluged (thik that this is factory original, but am not 100% sure)
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello Tom , talked to Kent. his 34 has primers as well, have to say hatfields book needs another correction, thanks for the info, Chris

Comment

Working...
                X