Rocky Halter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky Halter

Anything to the rumors? Old friends would like to know.
    DrSprocket

Haven't heard anything about Rocky.

*M.A.D.*
    Last edited by JoJo357; 02-12-2019, 05:38 AM.

Comment

Old news on Todd. This is about Rocky.
      DrSprocket

Comment

heard that rumer all the way up here in maine rocky had passed away from jim howrey yesterday sorry no details but if true what a loss for the antique mc world another treasured member gone hope its just a rumer paul bergeron minot maine 7989

Comment

Well, according to Rocky's next door neighbor, Red; He just spoke to Rocky ten minutes ago and he didn't look dead to him. Fred Davis just spoke to Red and Rocky is alive and well.

Comment

That is good news. Period! I wonder where this rumor started? Fake news! Social media? Go figure.
            DrSprocket

Comment

Lordy, Rich, bout gave me a got dang heart attack. Rocky rarely answers his phone, couldn’t confirm anything, was whip’n up a long winded eulogy covering 30 hazy years of smoke filled memories. At the end of the day, with his demise, that’ll essentially be the end of the most memorable vintage bike activities at Bike Week: hanging out at his swap meet booth at the Donkey barn, the party Tuesday night - now more grand than ever at his new digs on High st - and the Indian Breakfast ride on Wednesday.
              Cheerio,
              Peter
              1950 Vincent - A Red Rapide Experience

Comment

Good the hear about Rocky being alive and well! I already passed the bad news to a long time friend of Rocky and now I have to set the story straight!
                Craig (Delaware)
                Delaware Bay Chapter
                Perkiomen Chapter
                AMCA Member #1011

Comment

Originally posted by RichO View Post
                  That is good news. Period! I wonder where this rumor started? Fake news! Social media? Go figure.
                  the Rocky that passed away was the one from Indian Reservation in PA
                  Kevin Valentine 13
                  EX-Chief Judge

Comment

I remember Rocky Dellinger of Iron Wigwam well, Folks...

Sadly, it was he who was reported to pass a few days ago...

Some of you may remember his LSR "Dreamcatcher" attempt.

Rest in peace good friend.

...Cotten
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by T. Cotten; 02-13-2019, 10:03 AM.
                    AMCA #776
                    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Got to love the internet, ha!
                      #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

Great article on the 2008 attempt of Rick 'Rocky' Dellinger's Dreamcatcher.

www.ironwigwam.com >>>listed under...'Virtual Indian'. *Also...A fantastic site to look over!!!

https://youtu.be/o62MgfClRGQ >>>YouTube entitled...'Rocky and the Dreamcatcher'.

*R.i.P.* God Speed.

*M.A.D.*
                        Last edited by JoJo357; 02-13-2019, 05:36 PM.

Comment

I have sympathy for Rocky Halter, too, Folks!

As subject of this thread and all....

His distain for the forum in the early days is now justified.

...Cotten
                          PS: I have a Dreamcatcher hooded sweatshirt that I alway rely upon for Davenport nights.
                          Last edited by T. Cotten; 02-13-2019, 04:28 PM.
                          AMCA #776
                          Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
                            I have sympathy for Rocky Halter, too, Folks!

As subject of this thread and all....

His distain for the forum in the early days is now justified.

...Cotten
                            PS: I have a Dreamcatcher hooded sweatshirt that I alway rely upon for Davenport nights.

And so...Mark Twain's misquote rears it's head again. "Rumors of my demise are grossly exaggerated".

*M.A.D.*
                            Last edited by JoJo357; 02-13-2019, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Good to hear that Rocky H is alive and well. RIP to Rocky Dellinger, never met the man.

Richard, regarding fake news: Call me sick, but....Being the smart ass prankster that I am, on April fools day a few years ago, I posted my own obituary in the Denver Post, just to see who would bite!! Now that's fake news! It was one of my more expensive pranks and I was initially disappointed in the response. Sitting at the kitchen table in the fire station that morning, I pointed the obituary out to the other guys. They didn't get it, just said "huh" and stuck their noses back in their phones. However, that prank still reaps benefits from time to time in the form of a sheepish inquiring phone call. I recently got a call from a classmate who heard the news from a friend, shared it with his mother who I knew well as a kid, said she was all upset at my passing. Well, I had to make it right, so I dropped in to see her one day and she just about passed out. I've been referred to as the devil before, perhaps that's what she saw. We had a good laugh after she got over the shock. My 40th class reunion is coming up this summer, can't wait.....

Gene

Gene

Comment

Working...
                              X