4:50x18 tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4:50x18 tires

Any body making 4:50 X18 tires besides Coker.Most options seem to be 4:00x18.
    I will probably go with Coker Firestone diamond tread but was wondering what else may be out there.
    Thanks
    Tom

I've been buying tires from Universal Vintage Tire Co., in Hershey,PA. for many years. My catalog indicates they offer a wide variety of M/C tires as well as those for other vintage vehicles. www.universaltire.com ; 1 800- 231-9980. catalog (nice) and price list upon request, I got mine back in '14. digital may be available. C2K

Comment

My friends and I have had real good luck as far as steering, handling, wear, etc. with Cokers Firestone ANS (All Non Skid) that was used in the forties. I have a 18-4.50 on the rear and a 19- 4.00 on the front of my '40 El. Some Cokers leave a lot to be desired but these work well no complaints. I've used the Firestone diamond tread as well. They seemed to wear a little faster.
      DrSprocket

Comment

Thanks C2k,I have seen universal at meets and a look at their web shows some that are idenified as cokers and a Firestone ans that is not,but my guess is its the Coker.
        DR.S,Thanks for the feedback.I have Cokers in the old firestone and diamond tread but not enough miles to judge wear,and just wanted to maybe try some Avons or something else but it seems like those options are 4:00x18.
        Thanks again
        Tom

Comment

I switched on my 33 from 400-18 to Coker 450- 18 Firestone I am well satisfied

Comment

Thnaks for that feedback,
            Tom

Comment

I like the Heidenau tyres because they are speed rated, unlike the Cokers, and less expensive. Their Website shows a 4.00 x 18 with the comment that other sizes are coming. It might be worth calling them as they are trying hard to get a chunk of the market.

Comment

The japanese company All State Tyres makes really nice tires vintage american bikes. Guess they are more expensive than other options in particular in the US. but they really look good and I have heared they are very good too: The "safety" model is available in 4-50-18.

http://allstate-tires.com/product/al...d-3-5-19-inch/

Comment

Thanks for that link.Nice looking safety at 4:50x18,but I could find no pricing,no way to order and the closest north american distributor is the Shop in Vancuver.
                  I guess I could contact them but weird you make vintage tires with no us distributor or online ordering.
                  Thanks
                  Tom
                  Thanks Steve,I have seen Hiedenau at meets and will check their catalog.
                  Tom

Comment

Tom, I think this is a a distributor in Texas:

https://www.westcoastchoppers.com/pr...allstate-tires

In Europe/EU I only found a dealer in Denmark that lists them for 2200DKR which is around 300 Euros. Quite costy, but compared to the prices of some of our old bikes and these old bikes really benefit from tires that look "right".

Florian

Comment

Thanks,The link shows no pricing just sold out.High EU pricing would rule it out for me with shipping to the USA.
                      I would think a 4:50X18 would be a more popular size than the 4:00 but it looks like its cokers or a Dunlop 4:00.
                      Tom

Comment

I'm not a fan of Coker, but I have always liked their 4.50 x 18 diamond tread tire. They are a soft compound which makes them wear faster, but they are grippy and that's a good thing. Also, if you are concerned about a tire that gives a nod to authenticity, then Coker's 18" has no equal.
                        Eric Smith
                        AMCA #886

Comment

As Dr. Sprocket said, the Firestone ANS tires sold by Coker are good, I put a set on my '50EL last year, good grip and good wear on a full dresser loaded up. 5.00x16 on the rear, 4.50x18 on the front. They are a bit noisy and sing on the highway, but seem to carry a good tune.
                          Lonnie Campbell #9908
                          South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Comment

Working...
                          X