Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to guard against theft when riding, parking to eat or visiting an attraction.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's what I used before.

https://www.thetileapp.com

As Mike mentioned it works great but you've got to worry about battery life.
    AMCA # 3233

Comment

You can tell I haven't ridden the Indian for a while. I had forgotten about the bad starts after a traffic light in heavy traffic. My bikes with electric start seem to start with a touch of the button. My first ride this year after getting the Indian running was around the block with 3 starts and stops. No problem with foot clutch, right hand shift or left hand throttle. Muscle memory after 26 years. Of course my last ride was 1300 miles across country. I learned on this Indian in 1954, so I guess I should remember.

Comment

Originally posted by larrymgibson View Post
        one night in a motel where I left the curtain open and parked the Indian right outside the door.
        "Motel" is the key. Get a ground floor and wheel into your room.
        AMCA #765

Comment

Originally posted by len dowe View Post
          I get your point, Len!

Sleep with it.

....Cotten
          Attached Files
          AMCA #776
          Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

A buddy of mine and I were on a road trip one time and stopped for the night in Louisville. Got a ground floor room and waited until dark to move the bikes so we wouldn't be seen. Got all the furniture in the room moved, chair on top of the table, beds pushed to the side, and had one bike in with the other about half way. Right then the night manager walks up, looks at the bike sticking out of the room, looks in the room and says "You guys need any help?" Good times!

Dale

Comment

Originally posted by larrymgibson View Post
              Thanks for the feedback, everyone. Most reflect my feelings. The last time I rode out west (in 1992 to South Dakota from Indiana) We camped right beside the bike except for one night in a motel where I left the curtain open and parked the Indian right outside the door.
              Why didn't you bring it into the room?
              Be sure to visit;
              http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
              Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
              Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

I thought about bringing it into the room, but didn’t. I know some do.

Comment

Originally posted by len dowe View Post
                  When you do, remember to protect the carpet if the bike tends to drip. Also, I leave the power vent in the bathroom going continuously and the bathroom door ajar to remove all gasoline fumes.
                  George Tinkham
                  Springfield, IL
                  www.virmc.com
                  AMCA # 1494
                  1941 Indian 841
                  1948 Indian Chief
                  1956 H-D KHK
                  1960 CH
                  1964 BMW R69S
                  1966 Honda Touring Benly (aka "150 Dream")
                  1984 Moto Guzzi V65Sp

Comment

Originally posted by Coolbreeze View Post
                    When you do, remember to protect the carpet if the bike tends to drip. Also, I leave the power vent in the bathroom going continuously and the bathroom door ajar to remove all gasoline fumes.
                    That would definitely avoid the thieves. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X