Add turn signals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add turn signals

Has anyone added turn signals to their chief? I would really feel safer if I had them. I have done some searching and haven't found a complete solution.
    Larry Gibson

I seem to feel safer pointing/gesturing with either hand in the direction I want to go & even stopping by lowering my hand palm out, while starring in my mirror. The other advantage that we have is that people look up from their texting, when what we're riding doesn't look like every thing else on the road. My 1948 Chief came with turn signals, 6 volt system, I lived with them for a while, it comes down to a personal choice.

Comment

th.jpg
      933008-wire-diagram.jpg >>>**STARKLITE CYCLE CONTACT.
      1841002-DIAGRAM.jpg >>>*Shown: Universal Ignition Switch*(Starklite) 1938-53 *Consult your Manual per year.

From Starklite Cycle. This is the main harness diagram which is the same for all years of Chief's between 1940-1953. *On 48-53 Indian Chief models you have the extra wire "Black/White that is not used on the earlier bikes. If your harness has this wire, just fold it over and tape it closed. This wire is used for the generator indicator light on the 48-53 Dash Panel.

DIRECTIONS:
      1. Terminal #1 – Ignition Wire & Horn Wire
      2. Terminal #2 or #7 – Hot Wire, Generator
      3. Terminal #3 or #6 – All Lights
      4. Terminal #5 Magneto if used
      5. Terminal #4 or #8 – Not Used
      6. Install Jumper Wire between terminals #2 and #7
      7. Install Jumper Wire between terminals #3 and #6

The jumper wires installed as shown will increase the life of your switch by sharing the load between two sets of contacts in the switch vs using a signal contact without the jumpers. This will effectively double the life of your switch. PLEASE NOTE – When using
      these jumper wires you will no longer be able to use your parking light position on the switch as all your lights will be on. However who ever uses a parking light when parking their motorcycle so we see the benefits outweighing the downside.

*M.A.D.*
      Last edited by JoJo357; 01-15-2019, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X