INDIAN Spark Plug Info Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INDIAN Spark Plug Info Needed

I picked up a Indian script spark plug and hope somebody can help me with identifying it.
    The porcelain is a off-white/tannish color with black print.
    It has a large threaded base and is printed with the Indian script on one side and "Bethlehem", Made in the U.S.A, 775 on the other.
    Can anybody tell me what Indian model(s) and year(s) this spark plug was used? Thank you.

I believe Bethlehem Pa,actually Hellertown,was at one time long ago home to a Champion or the Champion Factory.Nothing else to add.
    Tom

Comment

read this info...
      http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/bbo...p/t-20855.html

Comment

I have never seen any information to show that Bethlehem Indian script plugs were factory for power plus or any Indian at the time. Most likely a nice accessory. I wrote the article on Indian script plugs and made mention of this plug although my article was slanted to the 14mm plugs of the 30's and 40's, not this 18mm behemoth. Marty

Comment

My Big Chief literature (circa '20s) shows Splitdorf spark plugs, which are quite distinctive. Indian used Splitdorf magnetos right after the first war, and continued for years. It only makes sense that they would fit Splitdorf spark plugs on factory new machines. I agree with Marty that other plugs were available, and maybe even preferable. I think this thread only reinforces why spark plug collecting is a huge hobby in itself
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

these are Benton plugs
            01a65dcd0e73a2d845fd29c32510522cf177fb91a5.jpgindian plug.jpg
            first is mine
            the other pic I found somewhere

Comment

Working...
            X