1940 Indian 440 4 Cylinder for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1940 Indian 440 4 Cylinder for sale

Hello fellow members. I am selling my 1940 Indian 440 4 cylinder motorcycle.
    This is my 4th Indian I have restored, and I hunted and looked at a number of bikes before I purchased this motorcycle. I purchased this bike in 2016 through an estate sale in Southern California. The bike was personally owned by Mr. Canyon and I have the original registration with clear title with his name on it. The bike was restored by Mr. Young and then put into a private collection where it sat for the next 23 years in a climate controlled room. If you were looking for a four cylinder motorcycle most bikes have experienced broken or damaged engine cases on the original engines to the bike or were long gone. Every bike that I looked at either the case away broken, damaged and welded or they were not a numbers matching bike. Also these engines are very costly to rebuild and they’re only a handful of engine rebuilders that are capable and have the parts to restore these engines correctly. When I purchased the bike and dismantled it, I wanted to make sure that the motor was done correctly. I also wanted to update the clutch as there are new clutches that are much better than what was available 25 years ago. When the motor was removed and disassembled the engine was absolutely brand new. I have photos of the engine disassembled as well as photos of the bike if anybody would like me to send them. If you’re serious buyer and want to purchase an investment quality motorcycle that runs and drives as it should and is ready to add to your collection please email me at. [email]w.halabura@sasktel.net
    Last edited by Two lil indians; 01-02-2019, 06:24 PM.

ballpark ? thanks Bob

Comment

97500. And I can work with delivery. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X