Harley 1946-1947 Bullneck Frame for Trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harley 1946-1947 Bullneck Frame for Trade

I have the pictured 1946-1947 Bullneck frame for trade for a similar condition LATE 1947 non-Bullneck frame. The VIN on my engine is just over 9000 so my understanding is that it's too late to use this frame.
    The Bullneck frame appears to be in pretty good original condition. The only problems that I can see are the cracked tool box mount and the steel reinforcing strips wended to the bottoms of the frame tubes. All of the forgings are good and this frame has never been cut on.
    While I'd prefer a straight up trade for a similar condition late 47 frame, I would also consider purchasing a frame. If that happen, this frame will be for sale.
    Thanks and let me know what you have.
    Mark Masa

Mark Masa
    www.linkcycles.com

Mark Masa
    www.linkcycles.com

Comment

Mark Masa
      www.linkcycles.com

Comment

Mark Masa
        www.linkcycles.com

Comment

Bumping this up. Still need a late 47 frame.
          Mark Masa
          www.linkcycles.com

Comment

I believe this is correct for a 47...UU was for late models. Is yours early 47? And just out of curiosity, what is your frame worth? i have the same frame on my 47.Thanks

Comment

Elvisp1956
              You are correct that this frame is correct for an earlier 1947.
              If you read the text I wrote at the beginning, you will see that I have a high VIN and that I do in fact need a UU frame.
              This particular frame is worth a UU frame to me. As to what it would currently sell for right now, your guess is as good or better than mine. I'm no that up on the prices of this late model stuff.
              Mark
              Mark Masa
              www.linkcycles.com

Comment

There are two late type frames, with the U-U being the final version but likely higher than your VIN Mark. Mine is a U-U, but my VIN is over 12000.
                Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Robbie
                  What are the characteristics of the first style "late" frame. What would you say the cutoff is VIN wise between a bullneck and the later frames?
                  Thanks
                  Mark
                  Mark Masa
                  www.linkcycles.com

Comment

There are two late type frames, with the U-U being the final version but likely higher than your VIN Mark. Mine is a U-U, but my VIN is over 12000.
                    What are the characteristics of the first style "late" frame. What would you say the cutoff is VIN wise between a bullneck and the later frames?
                    There are at least four frames for 47, Bullneck, Interstate #12, Knopp #12, Interstate #13.
                    I have seen #12 frames with and without UU, possibly all UU frames are Knopp or Interstate, I cannot verify
                    The timing of what happened when is interesting, perhaps Robbie has a guess.

Comment

Here is a XE-35 over 12

Comment

Here is #13 Interstate

Comment

Mark,
                          I am interested in a trade, I will check my inventory and see what I have.
                          Carl
                          http://www.carlscyclesupply.com

Comment

Mark, my vin is 68xxIMG_2749.jpgIMG_2532[696].jpg, and it has a 13 interstate UU frame, if that helps you.

Comment

Jorrow
                              Yes, that does help.
                              Is it an OP bike or did you at least start with a bike that was original?
                              Mark
                              Mark Masa
                              www.linkcycles.com

Comment

Working...
                              X