No announcement yet.

Beware ,American Cycle Fabrication – Paul and Denise Friebus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I to got screwed by the big guys in the 90's- early 2000's. ..
    +1 for T-Bone

Comment

What I might expect to see (but do not) is a dodge used by bad businesses to settle the matter to their own benefit.
      "I'm sending you a release and waiver which you must sign before a Notary and return to me before you come to pick up your project. It states you are entirely pleased with the work that has been done and the price you were charged, agree not to attempt litigation or arbitration, and not to make public complaints (BBB, social media) against me. No payments will be refunded or credit issued: everything is final when you sign and get the job back".
      Yes, this is very bad because you're agreeing in advance that you're happy with work that may not have been done at all, etc. but at least he's not suing you for unpaid balance and storage (yes, he can do that, doesn't mean he'll get anything) and you get the job back.

Why would he not do this? It costs nothing, admits nothing, no harm to him. He must still be doing business, he's finished other work since then.
      A possible answer: he doesn't have it (lost, stolen, fatally damaged, cannibalized for other projects), and can't afford to pay you for it.
      Ghost Motorcycle of Port Washington NY lost my 1949 AJS 500, I never got a dime for it.
      The Linkert Book

Comment

Working...
      X