Pierce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pierce

Just off chance , has anyone any spare Pierce cylinders , had a flange break off earlier today when running in the garage . This is the second time it's happened (different cylinder) and wonder if this is a weekness as only two studs hold the cylinder in place . All the other cylinders show past breaks and have been welded or brazed ! Don't suppose anyone is making new ones ? Has anyone else had this happen ?
    Ken

pierce

Originally posted by Ken Lee View Post
    Just off chance , has anyone any spare Pierce cylinders , had a flange break off earlier today when running in the garage . This is the second time it's happened (different cylinder) and wonder if this is a weekness as only two studs hold the cylinder in place . All the other cylinders show past breaks and have been welded or brazed ! Don't suppose anyone is making new ones ? Has anyone else had this happen ?
    Morning long time ago and sold my pierc but my welding man can repair nearly everything in cast iron here in germany thanks and have fun ulf

Comment

Sad to hear about your Pierce cylinder, Ken. These things can be repaired as Ulf said and that is what you have to do. I know you ride your bikes, Ken and I have always admired that about you. . . . As Sid James would say, Carry On
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

Morning ulf and exeric , thanks for your answers , I was fortunate enough to get another cylinder and have had the broken one welded but the bike has taken a back seat at the moment as have (probably) too many others on the go !
        Working on my 1912 Exelsior 4B for friend to ride in The Pioneer Run - London to Brighton - in March (about 300 pre 1915 motocycles) and also trying to get my 1923 Chief done for run in August .I bought this totally in bits and parts missing but promissed my fience I'd take her to The Oldtimers (bikes) Rally in Holland this year in the sidecar I have for it .
        Hopefully the Pierce will not break anything else and will be back on the road this year !!! Thanks for help and comments , always encouraging , Ken , Carry on Regardless !!
        Ken

Comment

Working...
        X