info for 1934 chief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• info for 1934 chief

does someone know the correct magneto for a 34 chief and who makes an exhaust system as well, thanks chris

Bosh and splitdorf were the optional mags.Mine came,I believe, from the factory with a Bosh FFVRS sometimes called a "baby Bosch"
    I dont know the splitdorf number off hand but it has bakelite cap.no elbow like 38-39 and retained by screws ,not wire like earlier ones.Advance lever on bottom same as 35.
    I used a rigid frame header and exhaust from Greer from the 36 listing which is the same.
    Tom
    Last edited by tfburke3; 11-13-2018, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Thanks Tom

Comment

The Splitdorf was a type C2. The muffle had the cutout in another position than the later models as far as I know, but the 36 is very well useable on the 34 Chief.

Comment

A look at some pics of 33 and 35 in Hatfields resto guide shows the 33 cutout at the rear by the fish tip,while 35 shows forward at the beginning of the muffler.
          No 34 exhaust pics in his book so I will have to dig thru some pics.Never noticed that before.Thanks
          Tom

Comment

That is how it should look like. Picture taken at Kent Thompsonīs place a few years back....
            Attached Files

Comment

same thing here on an original paint 1932 missing the cut-out...
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the info, chris

Comment

My 35 Chief is Y and Mag motor and has a Splitdorf CDH Magneto. I replaced my original exhaust with Greers, great fit, heavy and expensive but worth it.

Comment

Hello is there a chance you could post some photos of how the rear side car frame mounts I have front and center mounts but no rear mounts any info would help

Comment

Working...
                    X