Correspondence received relating to the Antique Outboard Motor Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correspondence received relating to the Antique Outboard Motor Club

I wanted to pass on a correspondence to the forum should anyone have interest in contacting the gentleman for additional information.
    I see occasional questions on your board related to the Indian Silver Arrow outboard motor sold in 1930 by Indian Motocycle of Springfield, MA. I serve as the Special Interest Group Leader for the Indian outboard and would be willing to share any information I have obtained over the past 12 years as I have served in that position for The Antique Outboard Motor Club, Inc. (aka AOMCI). Since I am 64 years old and totally ignorant of motorcycles, I have no reason to join the AMCA. It would serve me no purpose; however, if any of your members have questions about the rare outboard motors, please feel free to refer them to me. Thanks.

Tom Oncken
    Texas Chapter - Antique Outboard Motor Club, Inc. (aka AOMCI)
    AOMCI Indian Special Interest Group Leader

Mike Love
    AMCA Forum
    Last edited by ihrescue; 11-09-2018, 09:10 AM.

As a follow up I received a second email from antique outboard motor collector Tom Oncken and he included a little more info and an image of a flyer from the Indian Motorcycle Company's marketing for the outboard motor they manufactured. Interesting how diversified Indian became. We often see that companies get too spread out and it tends to stretch the financial capability as well. Here is Tom's follow-up mail and some images.

"Thanks for the quick response, Mike. I am an older member of the Antique Outboard Motor Club, Inc. and I have been researching the Indian Silver Arrow outboard motor since I assumed the Special Interest Group Leader position for the Indian outboard in 2006. I had purchased my first Indian outboard in 1999 and I could not find anyone who could answer questions about the rare make, so I volunteered to do the research. If there is someone in your group who would like to archive some of the information that I have gathered over the years, or perhaps some of the articles that I have written for The Antique Outboarder, the quarterly magazine of the Antique Outboard Motor Club, Inc., I would be happy to forward the information. One of the hardest things to deal with over the past 12 years is the mass amount of incorrect information that keeps popping up on the web. I can provide backup for most of the things I have discovered over the years.

Thanks for taking a moment to read about me and I look forward to providing information to anyone wanting to know more about the Indian Silver Arrow outboard manufactured by Indian Motorcycle of Springfield, MA. All they need to do is ask. [Having some problems with computer so flyer will be added as a post when I can figure it out. In the mean time if someone is interested in an image of the 1930 Indian Flyer I can send it by email. Mike]

Tom Oncken
    Pasadena, Texas

P.S. A short time ago, one of your members asked about the Indian outboard stand that was manufactured for displaying some of the Indian outboards. I have never found anything from Indian about the stands, but I have discovered that there are two varieties. One has the name etched upside down and the other has the name in the correct upright position. I have seen quite a few of them, but there is no record of how many were manufactured or who manufactured them. Tom

Image 11-9-18 at 6.17 AM (1).jpg

Image 11-9-18 at 6.17 AM (2).jpg

Image 11-9-18 at 6.18 AM (1).jpg

Image 11-9-18 at 6.18 AM.jpg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ihrescue; 11-09-2018, 09:09 AM. Reason: problem with images uploading

Comment

Working...
    X