59FL Police Pan With Original Sidecar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 59FL Police Pan With Original Sidecar

Letting go of my last bike which is a very tired old looking crusty but running 59FL ex Police pan with the original 59 sidecar it left the factory with. From what I was told it was either a Maine Municipal PD Parade bike or a RCMP bike from Canada. It was somewhat civilanized 50 years ago back in the late 60's with non original color paint but it is still an original wiring harness machine. Found about 5 years ago in a barn and was sitting there since purchased in 1968. It was used regulary but for roughly the last 20 to 25 years it was in NON running condition because there was a blown head gasket. It still has the siren, police generator and electrics along with the original T-3 Headlight and the frog eye -49 signal lights front and rear. It never had a radio from what I can see? Runs but probably needs some brake cylinder work as it has been sitting here for a while now. Asking 20 or best offer cash and carry from CT. I have it listed on the "Western Mass" Craigslist right now with now TWO DOZEN photos to give you a very good idea what it looks like. 46EL
    Last edited by 46EL; 10-05-2018, 06:47 AM.

So I looked at your CL pics, how does it run without pushrods??? I am guessing those are not current photos?

And here is the link for reference:

https://westernmass.craigslist.org/m...714559291.html
    Last edited by Architect; 10-05-2018, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Thanks for mentioning the pushrods and also posting a link to the CL advt.
      I redid all the photos in the advertisement and some like the very first one is current and others are not.
      Most of the NON current photos are with the sidecar.
      They were taken when I had just brought it home from the barn it was in since 1968.
      The sidecar is in storage now and that is why I used the old photos as the sidecar cannot be easily photographed right now.
      I believe the reason the motor was not stuck when I got it was because they took the pushrods out to do a valve job that never got finished.
      The barn actually did not have any doors on it so there was minimal moisture in the barn.
      Plus having all the valves in the closed position kept the moisture out of the cylinders.
      Further inspection when I got it showed there was a blown head gasket I replaced.
      When that was done it fired right up and it ran like a bear with no valve job needed.
      The sidecars brakes need to be completely gone through but I do have all the mounts.
      The front crashbar is not on the bike now as it is bent and needs straightening.
      It goes with the bike along with the crusty old police solo seat. 46EL
      Last edited by 46EL; 10-05-2018, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the response. Very tempting and I am on the Island so not too far away. Hmmmmmmm

Comment

Like I told the last guy..... Find me another one??? 46EL

Comment

Price reduced to $18.5K.............46EL.

Comment

I'm selling the Sidecar from this bike cash and carry for ONLY $2,950 also just listed on Craigslist W Mass.
              Solid floor with complete barn fresh old most probably home made recovered interior and all the mounts. Anybody out there????? WAKE UP...... It's probably worth more than that in parts??? ..!!! 46EL
              Last edited by 46EL; 10-10-2018, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 46EL View Post
                I'm selling the Sidecar from this bike cash and carry for ONLY $2,950 also just listed on Craigslist W Mass.
                Solid floor with complete barn fresh old most probably home made recovered interior and all the mounts. Anybody out there????? WAKE UP...... It's probably worth more than that in parts??? ..!!! 46EL
                Hell of a price 46EL!!!! Surprised that rig hasn't sold!!?? To bad you won't ship, and i'm too far, and don't know of anyone in your area. Otherwise i'd grab it!!! Good Luck tho'.
                *M.A.D.*

Comment

has the bike been sold 46EL ?

Comment

I'll know by the end of this coming weekend. 46El

Comment

Originally posted by JoJo357 View Post
                      Hell of a price 46EL!!!! Surprised that rig hasn't sold!!?? To bad you won't ship, and i'm too far, and don't know of anyone in your area. Otherwise i'd grab it!!! Good Luck tho'.
                      *M.A.D.*
                      Sidecars can be a tough item to sell. Not very many people looking for an antique motorcycle are looking for one with a sidecar.
                      And the guy who IS LOOKING for a sidecar almost always wants to put it on his own personal bike. It's sad because you usually have to separate the bike and car to sell them in two different directions. The bike goes to a guy looking for a bike and the car goes to the guy who wants a car. 46EL
                      Last edited by 46EL; 10-10-2018, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X