Speedometer Repair Services 1984 FLH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedometer Repair Services 1984 FLH

Anyone here had any business dealings with Nichols Speedometer and Instrument Services out of Greensboro NC? I want to get the original speedo on my 84 FLH repaired. Been using an OEM Canadian one (mph/km are reversed) for at least the last 10 years.

Stewart Warner version will not work (speedo ratio is different). John Boprdas does not repair mine. Only other place I have found is a guy acrooss the pond; however I would prefer to keep it stateside

Well, Nichols does not repair these.

Anyone with info on who might please advise. hard to believe I cannot get this thing fixed.

Did find a place across the pond called gaugerepair.com. Emailed them but they have not gotten back to me. Anyone know about them?

Comment

Probably easier to buy a new one from H-D. Have your local parts man do a dealer inventory search. They also appear on eBay.
      Be sure to visit;
      http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
      Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
      Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

John Bordas ad on p83 of the AMCA magazine, don't know if it's "vintage" enough for him.
        Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

I may be wrong here but I don't think a lot of vintage speedo repair guys want to work on and warrantee them because they have plastic gears in them. If I am wrong my apology and stand corrected.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
          AMCA #12766

Comment

Originally posted by frichie68 View Post
            John Bordas ad on p83 of the AMCA magazine, don't know if it's "vintage" enough for him.
            John did the speedometer on my 1970 FLH, not sure if he goes up to '84.

Comment

Bordas only works on Stewart Warner type speedos.

Chris I have been looking on the flea for almost 2 years now and only seen one. There is currently on on there now but mount is broken on one side.

Anyone across the pond heard of/used www.gaugerepair.com ? Guy's name is Peter Bond with a London UK address. Tried email but no return. Figure to try and call. Just need to make sure it is the early part of the day for their time zone

Comment

A friend of mine bought a new one from Easy Russ a few years ago for $200.00.

Comment

Originally posted by upsrod View Post
                  A friend of mine bought a new one from Easy Russ a few years ago for $200.00.
                  Hasn't he retired?

Comment

I think his daughter is selling now???

Comment

Working...
                    X